Riots in minneapolis right now

mikeman

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to Drew Brees

Lol

In 3 years since Kapp kneeled he couldn't figure out it wasnt to disrespect the flag or military.

Until he made a statement.

And within 18 hrs of making that statement, he suddenly figured it out

lord.

Drew has the decency to realize he made an ass of hiself, and to try and fix it and ask for forgiveness.   So did Fangio.  Many others should learn from them.  

It does become unfortunate when in an effort to be social aware and responsible we become afraid to say things that IMO we shouldn't be afraid to say.

Classic example the good luck charm.

Axe being another.

Now with that said, I have always preached that perception IS REALITY, so I too have a lot to learn I guess.

has anyone here actually read the fryer study from 2017?

if youre interested in a no-bullshit, honest evaluation of the data, give it a read. heres a NYT summary: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html

the result is that there was no statistically significant difference in lethal force used on blacks vs whites, but there WERE statistically significant differences in non-lethal force. thats not to say there are not isolated incidents of lethal force where racism did factor in (like the slager case) but it is to say that the increase in total was not significant enough to detect.

as a stats-based phd, i can say that the methodology for this paper is VERY good. and the result is very believable, i think.

so what does that mean? well, most likely it means that blacks are treated with more physical force than others - however, it is NOT driven by white cops on black citizens - black cops are JUST as likely to do so. which directly undercuts the 'racist cops' narrative, and seriously contradicts all of the emotional hysterics and over the top language you hear every day.

its not to say some incidents (end even lethal ones) are justifiable whatsoever. those incidents need to lead to convictions (and in the slager case, it did - thank god it was caught on camera or who knows). but the screaming about "we are being targeted for death" is just so incredibly overblown, and very dishonest. nothing good can come of that shit.

its just fuckin sad to see people not care about the truth. in order to make strides to solve the problem, we all gotta be honest. and seems no one gives a fukk about that. oh well.

has anyone here actually read the fryer study from 2017?

if youre interested in a no-bullshit, honest evaluation of the data, give it a read. heres a NYT summary: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html

the result is that there was no statistically significant difference in lethal force used on blacks vs whites, but there WERE statistically significant differences in non-lethal force. thats not to say there are not isolated incidents of lethal force where racism did factor in (like the slager case) but it is to say that the increase in total was not significant enough to detect.

as a stats-based phd, i can say that the methodology for this paper is VERY good. and the result is very believable, i think.

so what does that mean? well, most likely it means that blacks are treated with more physical force than others - however, it is NOT driven by white cops on black citizens - black cops are JUST as likely to do so. which directly undercuts the 'racist cops' narrative, and seriously contradicts all of the emotional hysterics and over the top language you hear every day.

its not to say some incidents (end even lethal ones) are justifiable whatsoever. those incidents need to lead to convictions (and in the slager case, it did - thank god it was caught on camera or who knows). but the screaming about "we are being targeted for death" is just so incredibly overblown, and very dishonest. nothing good can come of that shit.

its just fuckin sad to see people not care about the truth. in order to make strides to solve the problem, we all gotta be honest. and seems no one gives a fukk about that. oh well.

Facts get in the way of the Nazi-left wing agenda, so they choose to ignore facts and ignite emotions.

. in order to make strides to solve the problem, we all gotta be honest. and seems no one gives a fukk about that. oh well.

I will read (well glance) at study.

But I agree 100% with your point about honesty.

I can 100% see how black officers can and are as violent with Black citizens as white officers.

IMO and certainly not data based. The problem is that when officers work in poor urban areas they encounter more dangerous situations.

Day after day that has to wear on them.

Hell what do I know. But I think if we found a way to make our urban areas better in many ways, to lift a class of people. We would find that many of our societal ills would be cured.

A new study confirms that black men and women are treated differently in the hands of law enforcement. They are more likely to be touched, handcuffed, pushed to the ground or pepper-sprayed by a police officer, even after accounting for how, where and when they encounter the police.

-fryer

this result really shouldnt surprise anyone at this point - youd have to be pretty dumb at this point to think otherwise. 

however, the effect attributable to racism just doesnt materialize the way they all want you to think. in reality, urban high crime neighborhoods resemble a warzone. leading to more aggressive enforcement, regardless of what color the officer is. its the hostility and the extreme nature of the job that drives the aggression. becuase more blacks reside in those precincts (and commit more of the crime there - lets be honest) - they bear the brunt of the increase in non lethal force (pushed up against wall, etc). until lefties realize this, nothing will get solved.

even though dem mayors and dem governors run all these cities, and they all enact their 'anti-racist' policing policies, it still has no effect. theres a reason why - they dont understand the real root of the problem, and they dont want to. so fuck em.

notice that in the NYT article i linked, that all the libs in the comments refuse to believe the very, very well conducted study. all of them say shit trying to discredit the results. 

funny that all those proclaiming others 'anti-science' just throw that shit out the window when it goes the other way.