Nba set to resume

Boatboatboat

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooklyn Nets point guard Kyrie Irving reportedly wants no part of the NBA's plan to restart the season with a 22-team format in Orlando, Florida, and went as far as to suggest players should form their own league.

According to Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News, Irving said the Nets should skip the NBA's restart at Disney World during a group chat with his teammates. He also proposed the idea that players around the league start their own league.

So let me get this straight, the NBA has spent the last 3 months kissing the players ass, doing whatever the fuck the players want, you want this, you want that, fine, fine. Now many of the players dont even want to play? Take a hike guys, no one will miss some silly fake tourney.

Had 3 months without sports. I think I’ll be fine without the BS they bring.

MLB and NHL May be the only two I’ll be willing to entertain.

• 3 weeks later...

Jersey social  message approved list per nba.com site

The list of the approved suggested social messages, per the source, for the back of the NBA jerseys: Black Lives Matter; Say Their Names; Vote; I Can't Breathe; Justice; Peace; Equality; Freedom; Enough; Power to the People; Justice Now; Say Her Name; Sí Se Puede (Yes We Can); Liberation; See Us; Hear Us; Respect Us; Love Us; Listen; Listen to Us; Stand Up; Ally; Anti-Racist; I Am A Man; Speak Up; How Many More; Group Economics; Education Reform; and Mentor.

Nice!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN investigation finds coaches at NBA China academies complained of player abuse, lack of schooling

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29553829/espn-investigation-finds-coaches-nba-china-academies-complained-player-abuse-lack-schooling

Long and detailed article..short excerpt:

“American coaches at three NBA training academies in China told league officials their Chinese partners were physically abusing young players and failing to provide schooling, even though commissioner Adam Silver had said that education would be central to the program,” ESPN reported. “One former league employee who worked in China wondered how the NBA, which has been so progressive on issues around Black Lives Matter and moved the 2017 All-Star Game out of Charlotte, North Carolina, over a law requiring transgender people to use bathrooms corresponding to the sex listed on their birth certificates, could operate a training camp amid a Chinese government crackdown that also targeted NBA employees.”

Sources who spoke to ESPN said that coaches at the academies wondered if Silver, who just donated the maximum amount possible to the Biden campaign, knew about the alleged child abuse.
One the academies that was opened by the NBA was in Xinjiang, where the Chinese Communist Party allegedly has millions of people locked up in concentration camps. ESPN says that it obtained an email that the NBA sent to employees that instructed employees not to tell ESPN that they were being instructed to answer questions about the league’s new China scandal.
A former league employee told ESPN that working in Xinjiang was like “World War II Germany,” while another said that it was “a sweat camp for athletes.” A former coach said, “we were basically working for the Chinese government.” Multiple coaches quit because of the abuse that they were seeing happen to the young players.

NBA-China-1-scaled.png