US shouldn't have a national soccer team if players won't stand for national anthem

sleepy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one cared about the anthem five years ago. The vast majority of people at sporting events would mill around and do whatever while the anthem was playing. It's such fake patriotism.

What is fake about wanting to stand for the anthem

Most people always have stood ,,,, your comment about vast majority milling around is just plain ignorant and deceptive

No one cared about the anthem five years ago is also wrong and a made up comment.

Stop rewriting history man  most ALL MOFOS In the stadium/arena have stood in my 30+ years of attending games.

Maybe out of habit, maybe out of patriotism?

Some, including myself have done other things at  times and thats what they wanted to do.

What is fake about wanting to stand for the anthem

Most people always have stood ,,,, your comment about vast majority milling around is just plain ignorant and deceptive

No one cared about the anthem five years ago is also wrong and a made up comment.

Stop rewriting history man most ALL MOFOS In the stadium/arena have stood in my 30+ years of attending games.

Maybe out of habit, maybe out of patriotism?

Some, including myself have done other things at times and thats what they wanted to do.

Not at all. The south was more patriotic than other places and was close to 50/50, but it wasnt there five years ago. Now it's probably at 90 to 95 percent.

Sportswriters= hack with press pass and internet connection\

I dont even know what point you are tying to make

Some sportswriters saw some people not standing for anthem?

My point has been clear and concise the whole time. I haven't wavered or changed direction. If you cant understand that, you just dont have logic skills.

My point has been clear and concise the whole time. I haven't wavered or changed direction. If you cant understand that, you just dont have logic skills.

What is your point,,,you have wavered by changing topics and deflecting..nothing consise...what is you point

Some have more money....Trump is asshole...Tell me so I dont have to use logic

The majority of people at all sports events stand and take their hat off for the anthem. If you think otherwise then either you haven’t ever been to a game or you are never early enough. Or you are just a misguided sheep with a skewed concept of reality

you tried to make a point by saying 90-95% no longer stand for the anthem. That isn’t making a point it is making up a hyper exaggerated lie.

To think 95% is no longer standing is just simply ridiculous. You haven’t seen that in any sport at any location on US soil. Get real, pal. And stop with the nonsense. When you write about sports do you lie too?

Read my posts again in order. This is now the fourth time you have been unable to follow logic. Come on man. I thought you were a smart guy back in the day

No one cared about the anthem five years ago. The vast majority of people at sporting events would mill around and do whatever while the anthem was playing. It's such fake patriotism.

ok this is bullshit. This is completely wrong. Of people actually in their seats they were standing. They stood at FSU, UM, and UF, USF and UCF. They stand at Dolphins and Heat and Marlins games. Where have you attended 5 years ago or ever where the majority in their seats were not standing? Calling bullshit on that

At an inner city Ohio high school or small college ncaa hoops game, pre Kap.

I would estimate 80% of people would acknowledge the anthem is some fashion, now 98%.

At pro games just prior to start of anthem pre kap. Big rush to restrooms,concessions

Yeah, that makes sense to me. I can see it being more pronounced in local games.

The lowest participation I saw was in California. Was at multiple Stanford and Cal games in 2014 and 2015 and the only time over 50 percent of the people stood was when Army came to town.

There are some sports where it was better than others. Hockey had a lot of people stand even in California. Arena football was up there too