Cam and Kaep

theguesser

Cam is gonna sign with someone(should be NE, but probably won't be at this point), and it looks lie Kaep is invited back in if he wants to play. 5 Dimes has a line up on him.
NFL Propositions - Colin Kaepernick
Colin Kaepernick is present on an NFL team roster on week 1 of 20-21 season, NFL kickoff must occur in 2020 for actionThu 9/10
29501 C.Kaepernick on NFL roster week 1 2020 +145 12:00PM
29502 C.Kaepernick not on roster week 1 2020 -185

After looking at all the rosters, https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB 2 teams stick out to me as the best landing spots for both. Both are good teams that have mobile starting QB's with absolute dogshit backing them up. Buff and Tenn. Buff especially stands out as Josh Allen plays the same game as a young Cam and Kaep. Strong arm but not great accuracy, who relies on his legs. With Garbage Matt Barkley as a backup, who plays a different style, Buff promising season is cooked if Josh is out. Cam fits best there. Tenn has even worse garbage behind Tannehill, and while he was fantastic last year, he could revert to the mediocre Tannehill and it would be great to have a Cam or Kaep behind him to step in if he's hurt or reverts.

Either way youre done. And no circus.

If he is anywhere close to 2016 Kaep, the drop off from the starter is negligible, and you'll still do about what you would have done.  If he isn't close to 2016 Kaep, but still at least serviceable, he's still better than your current backup, and you stay a relevant team because that circus is gonna lead the NFL in Jersey sales,  and will be a story, even if out of contention.  

2016 was on his way to backup status. Allen is still an upward trajectory. Im not saying he may not be better than Barkley or those other guys but if he is running the show youre not winning anything.

And most coaching staffs hoping to compete will pass on the circus unless you are just in it for the circus.

If starter goes down and you are 9-6 its damn important how good your starter is

If youre 9-6 and your starter goes down and your backup is Kap, Barkley, or any of those other stiffs youre not winning shit. If cards fall right you might get to lose a wildcard game but youre not realistically winning anything.

2016 was on his way to backup status. Allen is still an upward trajectory. Im not saying he may not be better than Barkley or those other guys but if he is running the show youre not winning anything.

And most coaching staffs hoping to compete will pass on the circus unless you are just in it for the circus.

That is absolutely false.   He won his job back and had a nice year, better than Brady was last year.  

Now up on BetOnline:

Colin Kaepernick
Colin Kaepernick Next Team
07:00 PM
640103 Baltimore Ravens +200
640111 Seattle Seahawks +250
640104 Houston Texans +400
640106 Kansas City Chiefs +500
640105 Jacksonville Jaguars +750
640107 Los Angeles Chargers +800
640108 Minnesota Vikings +800
640110 Tennessee Titans +1000
640109 Philadelphia Eagles +1200

Colin Kaepernick
Will he sign with an NFL team before Week 1
07:00 PM
640102 No -450
640101 Yes +275
Friday, Jul 31, 2020
NFL Free Agency

Cam Newton team in Week 1 of 2020 Reg.Season
11:59 PM
16311 New England Patriots +400
16310 Washington Redskins +700
16319 Tennessee Titans +800
16340 Arizona Cardinals +900
16316 Pittsburgh Steelers +900
16320 Baltimore Ravens +1000
16314 Las Vegas Raiders +1000
16321 Los Angeles Rams +1000
16322 Seattle Seahawks +1000
16315 Denver Broncos +1200
16323 Detroit Lions +1200
16313 Jacksonville Jaguars +1200
16118 Los Angeles Chargers +1200
16324 Buffalo Bills +1600
16318 Chicago Bears +1600
16325 Atlanta Falcons +1800
16326 Minnesota Vikings +2000
16327 San Francisco 49ers +2500
16328 New York Giants +2800
16329 Tampa Bay Buccaneers +2800
16330 Houston Texans +3300
16331 Kansas City Chiefs +3300
16312 Miami Dolphins +3300
16317 Cincinnati Bengals +5000
16334 Dallas Cowboys +8000
16335 Green Bay Packers +8000
16336 Indianapolis Colts +8000
16337 New Orleans Saints +8000
16332 Carolina Panthers +10000
16333 Cleveland Browns +10000
16338 New York Jets +10000
16339 Philadelphia Eagles +12500

What's a Cultist to think and do?   The Idiot supports Kaep getting another NFL shot.  

Donald Trump Says He Supports Colin Kaepernick Playing Again in NFL

• Updated  Jun 17, 2020 at 10:09

GettyDonald Trump said he would support Colin Kaepernick getting another chance in the NFL.

President Donald Trump has been outspoken about being against NFL players protesting during the national anthem but appeared to soften his stance on Colin Kaepernick recently. Sinclair’s Scott Thurman asked Trump if he believed Kaepernick should receive another opportunity in the NFL despite his opinion about players taking a knee during the anthem. Trump noted he would support Kaepernick getting another chance with the NFL “if he deserves it” from a playing perspective.

“If he deserves it, he should,” Trump explained. “If he has the playing ability, he started off great and then he didn’t end up very great in terms of as a player. He was terrific in his rookie year. I think he was very good in his second year and then something happened. So, his play wasn’t up to snuff. The answer is absolutely I would. As far as kneeling, I would love to see him get another shot. But obviously, he has to be able to play well. If he can’t play well, I think it would be very unfair.”

It is not exactly a full-out endorsement of Kaepernick, but the president seems to have taken a softer stance despite recent rhetoric. Trump tweeted that he would not be “watching much anymore” after U.S. Soccer announced they would now allow players to kneel during the national anthem. Trump added that he would not be supporting the NFL if they have a similar stance when the 2020 season begins.

“And it looks like the NFL is heading in that direction also, but not with me watching!” Trump tweeted on June 13.

Kaepernick Played 6 Seasons in the NFL for the San Francisco 49ers

Trump’s comments about Kaepernick’s NFL career are not accurate as the quarterback played six seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. Kaepernick spent his rookie season in 2011 sitting behind Alex Smith before taking over the starting gig midway through the 2012 season.

The quarterback’s best statistical season came in 2014 when he threw for 3,369 yards, 19 touchdowns and 10 interceptions while completing more than 60 percent of his passes. Kaepernick also added 639 rushing yards and a touchdown.

Chargers Head Coach Anthony Lynn Voiced His Support For Kaepernick

Kaepernick has not played in the NFL since 2016 despite publicly campaigning for an opportunity. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell recently said that he would “support a club” if they opted to sign Kaepernick.

“If he wants to resume his career in the NFL, then obviously it’s gonna take a team to make that decision,” Goodell explained to ESPN (via NFL.com). “But I welcome that, support a club making that decision and encourage them to do that.”

Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn also voiced his support for Kaepernick but stopped short of saying the team was interested in signing the quarterback. Lynn explained that he would keep Kaepernick on the Chargers’ “workout list,” per Fox News.

“I haven’t talked to him,” Lynn said, per Pro Football Talk. “He fits the style of quarterback that we want. We’re happy with the three quarterbacks that we want but you can’t have enough on the runway.”

• 2 weeks later...

What's a Cultist to think and do?   The Idiot supports Kaep getting another NFL shot.  

Politics aside...I doubt he can play in the league anymore. He had the perfect situation in SF with Chip Kelly and couldn't win the starting job. I'll take a knee if he wins a job in the NFL.

GettyDonald Trump said he would support Colin Kaepernick getting another chance in the NFL.

President Donald Trump has been outspoken about being against NFL players protesting during the national anthem but appeared to soften his stance on Colin Kaepernick recently. Sinclair’s Scott Thurman asked Trump if he believed Kaepernick should receive another opportunity in the NFL despite his opinion about players taking a knee during the anthem. Trump noted he would support Kaepernick getting another chance with the NFL “if he deserves it” from a playing perspective.

“If he deserves it, he should,” Trump explained. “If he has the playing ability, he started off great and then he didn’t end up very great in terms of as a player. He was terrific in his rookie year. I think he was very good in his second year and then something happened. So, his play wasn’t up to snuff. The answer is absolutely I would. As far as kneeling, I would love to see him get another shot. But obviously, he has to be able to play well. If he can’t play well, I think it would be very unfair.”

It is not exactly a full-out endorsement of Kaepernick, but the president seems to have taken a softer stance despite recent rhetoric. Trump tweeted that he would not be “watching much anymore” after U.S. Soccer announced they would now allow players to kneel during the national anthem. Trump added that he would not be supporting the NFL if they have a similar stance when the 2020 season begins.

“And it looks like the NFL is heading in that direction also, but not with me watching!” Trump tweeted on June 13.

Trump’s comments about Kaepernick’s NFL career are not accurate as the quarterback played six seasons for the San Francisco 49ers. Kaepernick spent his rookie season in 2011 sitting behind Alex Smith before taking over the starting gig midway through the 2012 season.

The quarterback’s best statistical season came in 2014 when he threw for 3,369 yards, 19 touchdowns and 10 interceptions while completing more than 60 percent of his passes. Kaepernick also added 639 rushing yards and a touchdown.

Kaepernick has not played in the NFL since 2016 despite publicly campaigning for an opportunity. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell recently said that he would “support a club” if they opted to sign Kaepernick.

“If he wants to resume his career in the NFL, then obviously it’s gonna take a team to make that decision,” Goodell explained to ESPN (via NFL.com). “But I welcome that, support a club making that decision and encourage them to do that.”

Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn also voiced his support for Kaepernick but stopped short of saying the team was interested in signing the quarterback. Lynn explained that he would keep Kaepernick on the Chargers’ “workout list,” per Fox News.

“I haven’t talked to him,” Lynn said, per Pro Football Talk. “He fits the style of quarterback that we want. We’re happy with the three quarterbacks that we want but you can’t have enough on the runway.”

I'll try this again....

Politics aside...I doubt he can play in the league anymore. He had the perfect situation in SF with Chip Kelly and couldn't win the starting job. I'll take a knee if he wins a job in the NFL.

I'll try this again....

A starting job.  No?   A job if he actually wants to play?   Yeah.   He's still better than many if not most back ups, even with his time away. 

A starting job.  No?   A job if he actually wants to play?   Yeah.   He's still better than many if not most back ups, even with his time away.

We'll see but I doubt it. Imo he knew he was done and choose the easy way out with a cause to back his decision. I actually proves me wrong.