Free $300+$200 Belmont Stakes Contest - Sponsored by Poster Loman and TGF {ENTRIES THREAD}

Sharp Square

Belmont.jpg

Players start with a $100 bank roll

- Only Win, Place, and Show wagers are available for all races except the Belmont Stakes which will also include an Xtra Exacta Wager (straight bet no boxing or keying)

- Each player must have a wager placed on every race (10) included in the contest! 

- The minimum wager amount per race is $2 w/ a maximum wager amount of $20 (All wagers made in $2 increments) Ex: can wager $2/$4/$6 etc to win, place, or show or with any combination across the board (as long as the total wager doesn't exceed the maximum). The additional Exacta Wager on the Belmont Stakes will be valued at $4 (It will be deducted from bankrolls and players must have the cash equivalent available for the wager to be in play) So keep in mind when putting in your selection the Belmont will cost an additional $4 above your normal race wager if you want to be eligible for the xtra Exacta wager.

- I will post the card including each race that is included in the contest and each player will select all their betting options at once. If a horse you select gets scratched your wager will be graded as no action at no impact to your bankroll. Payoffs per race will be based on final odds and posted payouts. 

- For each race players will list the NUMBER - HORSE NAME - CLEAR INDICATION OF THE WAGER MADE W/ DOLLAR AMOUNT AND WIN,PLACE, ETC IN DETAIL

- Each player that losses his $100 bankroll is eliminated

- Tiebreaker:  Highest total Winning Wager amount for any single race

- Highest total Bankroll at the end of the Belmont Stakes race will be declared the winner (along with any runner up positions)

Your entry should look like this:

Race 1: #6 Bobs Big Boy $4 Win/Place

Race 2: #10 Kingers Koolaid $6 Win

Race 3: #1 Being BobbyFK $2 Win/Place/Show

(Sure you can use just W/P/S in place of the whole word but the wager and amount need to be clearly detailed)

Hopefully this format makes for some interesting handicapping strategy and money management. Will try and allow entries to be submitted all the way up until the night before race day to hopefully keep the potential number of scratches to a minimum. 

As usual I will try and be on and grade the contest live as the races are taking place.

Payouts:

1St - 300

2nt - 150

BR Winner - $50

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay looks good so will end with the Belmont Betting in Race 10

So is the maximum on Belmont $20+$4 exacta or $20 total  (bankroll dependent naturally)

you can wager up to 20 on belmont straight and then if you have the additional 4 put in an entry for the xtra exacta .. so belmont can be 20 w/p/s plus 4 exacta for a total of 24

And one additional clarification that has not been spelled out.

Is this okay to do

RAce 10

$10 #8 Ti the Law       win

$4  #3 Max Player       win

$4  #3 Max Player       place

Should be fun!!!

Yes bit of a pain in ass grading wise but I thought this format would make the contest more interesting and a bit more challenging keeping more players alive deeper into things than we have in past. 

My suggestion would be....$2 WPS every race but Belmont.Pick I horse obviously. Belmont is either $4 or $5 across. $15 worth of exactas for Belmont.

You could also consider a best bet as well which would be a $4 or $5 across board play on any other race....

My opinion,but what do I know

My suggestion would be....$2 WPS every race but Belmont.Pick I horse obviously. Belmont is either $4 or $5 across. $15 worth of exactas for Belmont.

You could also consider a best bet as well which would be a $4 or $5 across board play on any other race....

My opinion,but what do I know

we did similar formats to that in the past.  just figured everyone wanted something a little different after doing that multiple times previously.  also most of those ended up in someone pulling far away early with little to no chance for everyone else to come back. 

that would have been easier to grade etc but I just tried to make something that i thought may be a bit more fun and exciting and hopefully keep everyone in it longer. 

I think from here on in I will just let someone else come up with concepts and rules and I'll just go back to what i enjoy, grading. 

Race 1: #1 - $8 win

Race 2: #1 - $8 win

Race 3: #1 - $8 win

Race 4: #1 - $8 win

Race 5: #1- $8 win

Race 6: #1 - $8 win

Race 7: #1 - $8 win

Race 8: #1 - $8 win

Race 9: #1 - $8 win

Race 10: #1 - $20 win

Race 11: #1 - $4 win

Race 12: #1 - $4 win

I hope I did it right

Race1: #11 TurnofEvents $10 WIN

Race2: #1 NoParole $10 WIN

Race3: #6 IndianPride $10 WIN

Race4: #3 ProvenStrategies $10 WIN

Race5: #8 HappySaver $10 WIN

Race6: #5 Selflessly $10 WIN

Race7: #4 Strongerthanuknow $10 WIN

Race8: #1 Gamine $10 WIN

Race9: #6 HiddenScroll $4 WIN

Race10: #8 Tizthelaw $12 WIN

$4 Ex Bet: #8-#3

Sharp Square regarding the scratch rules, would it make sense to take the accumulated total of scratch money on the card for each entry and add it in to the last race as a win or even show bet, so the total $100 would be in play for everyone? 

if this was suggested earlier I that would have been okay with me but I don't want to make to many changes and mix things up for everyone from whats listed above too much last minute