Interesting Discussion of Free Speech

theguesser

Good. God willing it won't stop till every one of you letfy nutjobs is unemployed and living in poverty. Prisoners dilemma. You wanted it you got it.

As usual, Idiot kid who can't think for himself thinks EVERYONE on the other side don't, as well.  I've been railing against PC shit for years.  Many sane people on my "side" have.  

By speak up you mean a two word vulgar response to a legit question....

And???   Cursing was wrong, but sometimes is the most appropriate response.  He apologized.  Certainly doesn't warrant a suspension.   But he's a "lefty" I guess (truthfully have no idea or care if he is or isn't), so you wholeheartedly approve. 

Today, a Great, probably the best, NBA reporter in the biz, was suspended because of shit he said: You Idiots think it's only one side. And I'm sure most of you hypocrites are thrilled Woj is suspended.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/espn-suspends-adrian-wojnarowski-profane-email-hawley-reports

ESPN suspends NBA reporter Adrian Wojnarowski after profane email to Sen. Hawley: reports

He has the right to say that, obviously they were his true feelings, and the feelings of ESPN for 20 years now. Why did they suspend him, heat from the NBA? They are some pretty legitimate questions, considering teams always have their hands out for public ally funded stadiums. I also think their little woke sayings on the jerseys will backfire also. Funny how Lebron isn’t participating in that, and he’s the most vocal in the league.

free speech is one thing

a total disrespect and lack of civility to elected leaders is another thing... all these trump bashers and america haters would be in the gulag in other countries for ridiculous and aggressive comments against the president

country is being destroyed while people argue over petty stuff like what a espn reporter said 

free speech is one thing

a total disrespect and lack of civility to elected leaders is another thing... all these trump bashers and america haters would be in the gulag in other countries for ridiculous and aggressive comments against the president

country is being destroyed while people argue over petty stuff like what a espn reporter said

You’re right, fuck Woj. He’s lucky he has a job.

Those were two thoroughly interesting articles you posted, Guesser. I wish race wasn’t brought into it in the rebuttal article, because it seems like that’s the easiest way to knock a useful and needed debate off the rails. But since it’s about free speech, we have to take all opinions into account. It’s too bad the thread itself kind of took a combative turn. The issue is definitely worthy of a civil, respectful debate. Thanks for posting the articles.

From the article in post 1....one possible take (I'm sure the left has some sharp political strategy people) is that they are starting to be concerned that there just might be a "silent majority" brewing in this country. Lots of people who vote year in and year out have great jobs they are not going to risk. No answers to polling questions, no yard signs or bumper stickers. But when the curtain is drawn and it's time to vote....well you know how it ends 

Today, a Great, probably the best, NBA reporter in the biz,  was suspended because of shit he said:  You Idiots think it's only one side.   And I'm sure most of you hypocrites are thrilled Woj is suspended.  

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/espn-suspends-adrian-wojnarowski-profane-email-hawley-reports

ESPN suspends NBA reporter Adrian Wojnarowski after profane email to Sen. Hawley: reports

slap on wrist.   NBA biggest batch of hypocrites you will find.  Ran faster than Landers runs from a credit card bill when someone said something about China because Chinas govt is absolute and people would have no choice.  There shit is just pandering.  

From the article in post 1....one possible take (I'm sure the left has some sharp political strategy people) is that they are starting to be concerned that there just might be a "silent majority" brewing in this country. Lots of people who vote year in and year out have great jobs they are not going to risk. No answers to polling questions, no yard signs or bumper stickers. But when the curtain is drawn and it's time to vote....well you know how it ends

Just look at the deal with Goya this week. Not one mention by AOC that the CEO was also at a Michele Obama event in Miami for Hispanic businesses. This CEO was honored to accept the invitation from Trump. He is the perfect person for AOC to align with, instead she goes on twitter and shows how to make a recipe to replace Goya spices. Totally bush league by her, and it set off a firestorm.

Any business showing support for a candidate now better be ready for the backlash.

If a Black man, a transgender, a Chinese man, a white man or a woman are in pain, I will sympathize, I will lend a hand, an ear and goodwill. I will acknowledge their feelings and the right to those feelings.

If my neighbor asks me why they suffer, I will not answer. I don't speak for anyone's suffering but my own.

I won't protest for anyone. I won't buy a fukkin T-shirt, I ain't signing shit.

I speak for my own pain. I will lend a hand for yours and hope to see your hand when I am in need.

That is all.

Just look at the deal with Goya this week. Not one mention by AOC that the CEO was also at a Michele Obama event in Miami for Hispanic businesses. This CEO was honored to accept the invitation from Trump. He is the perfect person for AOC to align with, instead she goes on twitter and shows how to make a recipe to replace Goya spices. Totally bush league by her, and it set off a firestorm.

Any business showing support for a candidate now better be ready for the backlash.

In the fuck kill marry game AOC would run about 50/50 with kill fuck, I know I would flip a coin.

If a Black man, a transgender, a Chinese man, a white man or a woman are in pain, I will sympathize, I will lend a hand, an ear and goodwill. I will acknowledge their feelings and the right to those feelings.

If my neighbor asks me why they suffer, I will not answer. I don't speak for anyone's suffering but my own.

I won't protest for anyone. I won't buy a fukkin T-shirt, I ain't signing shit.

I speak for my own pain. I will lend a hand for yours and hope to see your hand when I am in need.

That is all.

that sounds great

but we are all in pain and you make 100 mean and/or condescending posts for every 1 nice one

Those were two thoroughly interesting articles you posted, Guesser. I wish race wasn’t brought into it in the rebuttal article, because it seems like that’s the easiest way to knock a useful and needed debate off the rails. But since it’s about free speech, we have to take all opinions into account. It’s too bad the thread itself kind of took a combative turn. The issue is definitely worthy of a civil, respectful debate. Thanks for posting the articles.

Thanks.   All I can do is try.   

Those articles are hilarious. Some of the left is now upset that they are eating their own. Well, that's bound to happen after you've silenced the opposition. Cancel culture is a toxic, leftist group think. It doesn't allow for descent. And these idiots aren't even arguing for free speech. Leftists who signed the original letter have felt the need to apologize for signing it already. LOL.

One of the signers expressed regret because they didn't know someone else had signed it too. In other words, since they have a different opinion than someone else who signed it on a completely unrelated issue, they don't want their name associated with it. But free speech! LOL.

As usual, they have made it a circus. They don't even realize that they're STILL contributing to it. It's only because it's happening to themselves now that they give a shit. Fuck their hypocrisy. They aren't advocates of free speech.

Free speech and the First Amendment was enacted by the Founding Fathers to protect minority/dissenting opinions. And it's comical that people think that only POC are forced to sign NDA's.

Woj got suspended. He didn't get fired. That is certainly NOT a commensurate punishment had someone done that with the opposite agenda. Now Guesser, someone who supports people, candidates, and companies that have been disseminating these behaviors, wants the people who have been victims of it and calling out this bullshit forever to agree with him. Too late. Lay in the fucking bed you made, asshole.

Not until you fucking retards actually understand what the First Amendment exists for will I even begin to listen you. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way. You can start by acknowledging and admitting that Twitter is actively censoring conservative voices. But that's not really what you're fighting for. So you'll try to do a little dance and blame the victims like you always do and perpetuate the very thing you claim to stand against in this very thread. Bank on it.

heres one aspect no one is mentioning, and which demonstrates how manipulative, phony, and cowardly these lefty mobs are. 

in the 'rebuttal' letter (the one which advocated for getting people fired and sees no problem with it), many of the signers were anonymous and refused to sign their name, under the pretense that they were "afraid of repercussions" for doing so. MANIPULATIVE PLAY-THE-VICTIM TACTIC. 

you want me to believe you were afraid you'd be fired for coming out as a hard line SJW, who attacks others for 'hate speech'? their views are the ONLY views that are allowed to be expressed openly now, and they do so CONSTANTLY whenever they mob others. and yet they pretend theyre the ones who would be targeted for cancellation and firing for their views? fuck outta here.

these people are manipulative little children and they need big daddy trump to spank them for another four years.