• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No masks in Fl, no matter what. :clap

DeSantis says there will be no school mask mandates in Florida

July 22, 2021
Screen-Shot-2021-07-22-at-11.59.13-AM.pn

BY JENNIFER CABRERA

During a press conference today in Ft. Pierce, Governor Ron DeSantis said, “We look forward to this upcoming year, to be a normal school year, be in-person, and learn like normal kids. There’s been talk about potentially people advocating, at the federal level, imposing compulsory masks on kids. We’re not doing that in Florida, ok? We need our kids to breathe. We need our kids to be able to be kids, we need them to be able to breathe, it’s terribly uncomfortable for them to do it, there’s not very much science behind it, there’s some schools we had, didn’t do masks, others did, the outcomes were not meaningfully different, and so I think it’s really important that— parents, obviously, can equip their kid to go to school however they want, but there shouldn’t be any coercive mandates on our schools, so we want to make sure—

“As of right now, all the school districts are going in that direction, but there is gonna be, it looks like, a campaign from Washington to try to change that. I’ve talked to Chris Sprowls, if we need to come bring them back in, to be able to do something from the legislative perspective, he’s all in to be able to do it, and I know that people will do—At the end of the day, we gotta start putting our kids first. We gotta look out for their education. Is it really comfortable, is it really healthy for them to be muzzled and have their breathing obstructed all day long in school? I don’t think it is, and I look—I have a 3-year-old son, and you’ve got people like Fauci saying he should be muzzled, that you should be throwing masks on these 3-year-old kids. It’s totally unacceptable and certainly unacceptable to have any level of government imposing that on parents and on kids. So we look forward to a normal school year, obviously parents can make decisions how they want to, and we wouldn’t restrict that, but we certainly will not have any mandates on students and on parents in the upcoming school year.”

38 minutes ago, rdalert447 said:

DeSantis is back after waffling a bit the last week or so. Good to see.

The media is going after him hard, what he needs to do now(after nixing masks) is announce they do not recommend the vax for any kids, extend it up to age 25.

That will get them going. :mutley