Biden money already in Bank

Brock Landers

1 minute ago, mikeman said:

I specifically said flexible hoses. naturally you focused on my initial comment and felt a desperate urge to one up and correct my comment.

"The threaded outlets so you can use the flexible hoses - no sodering , etc. "

You’ll have threaded outlets on the top of each tank but you aren’t always gonna have “threaded outlets” on your existing water lines to tie in your flex. That’s why I was asking about these “special fittings”

Believe it or not, just because you were able to get through your installation at your house doesn’t give you the ability to coach others as to what’s going on at their house.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, housepicks said:

You’ll have threaded outlets on the top of each tank but you aren’t always gonna have “threaded outlets” on your existing water lines to tie in your flex. That’s why I was asking about these “special fittings”

Believe it or not, just because you were able to get through your installation at your house doesn’t give you the ability to coach others as to what’s going on at their house.

You're right, originally i didn't have the threaded outlets above the heater, that's why the first time i did it i had to install them, because I'm not a plumber and didn't know what i was doing(had never soldered before)it took a while to get it right.  It was somewhat stressful but also kinda fun.

The next time it's quick and easy - except for carrying a water heater that still has some water in it up the stairs.

I find your arrogance rather amusing, to presume we cant give each other tips or advice.  Like i said, a know it all plumber.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I've never replaced one and this house is 15 years old now. 

The tank is in an easy and accessible spot in the garage too. I'd probably try replacing it myself.

I've heard of tanks that last 20-25 years, apparently they have enough buildup  of crud inside that the normal rusting is delayed or stopped. othertimes they only last 6-7 years, which sucks, normally the initial anode rod that comes with it lasts a certain number of years and then the tank starts rusting(which will take  some more years to produce a leak).

I know this stuff because I'm an expert amateur plumber - the kind that house despises. :mutley

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Odd, never heard that.

It's below 40 frequently yet they're in every garage around here.

My garage is insulated but not heated, in extreme cold it'll get below zero, most of the winter it'll be maybe 10-15  degrees, we dont leave the garage door open much in the winter.

1 minute ago, housepicks said:

If you take a pot of soup out of the fridge and start to heat it up on your stove what happens?

you are gonna see water condense on the outside of that pot.

the same thing happens in your furnace. Definitely gonna shorten the life of the inducer motor. Maybe the heat exchanger.

I thought he was talking about water heaters in a garage?  At least that's what i was talking about.

Just now, Jimmy Hoffa said:

My garage is insulated too but it's easily below 35ish in there during winter nights.

Maybe I've been lucky...

It's being heated, it's the water lines coming in that would freeze, how deep are your water/sewer lines out there? Here in southern mn they're maybe 6-7 feet, i've heard that up near the border or into canada they're like 8-9 ft .

It's kinda interesting, if you call the city to shut off the water they come out and find the shutoff, then they have a long rod that goes down to it and they turn it off.

5 minutes ago, housepicks said:

Wrong again. Stick to spoiled meat.

Just stop babbling fool, he was specifically talking about the water heater, your apes brain got confused.

"I've never replaced one and this house is 15 years old now. 

The tank is in an easy and accessible spot on the garage too. I'd probably try replacing it myself."

8 minutes ago, mikeman said:

It's being heated, it's the water lines coming in that would freeze, how deep are your water/sewer lines out there? Here in southern mn they're maybe 6-7 feet, i've heard that up near the border or into canada they're like 8-9 ft .

It's kinda interesting, if you call the city to shut off the water they come out and find the shutoff, then they have a long rod that goes down to it and they turn it off.

Maybe 6 feet deep if I had to guess. People buy the covers for their exposed faucets. I have them but some years I've forgotten to put them on.

I've heard of frozen pipes bursting around here when it gets below 10 degrees but it's never happened to me.

6 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Just stop babbling fool, he was specifically talking about the water heater, your apes brain got confused.

"I've never replaced one and this house is 15 years old now. 

The tank is in an easy and accessible spot on the garage too. I'd probably try replacing it myself."

Maybe I did fuck that up. I just figured the water heater and furnace sat side by side because they usually do.

14 minutes ago, mikeman said:

You talking about a b box key you dildo?