NFT/opensea collectibles thread

tailsyoulose

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This has nothing to do with my ego.  If I'm wrong, that's fine.  I hope the people here who are in those markets make some decent money with it.

I'm just stating my opinion.  I just laid out my reasons why I haven't and won't be participating in it.  I think it deserves a lot of caution and I have yet to be convinced that it has a viable use case for the current prices.

We'll see in time.

1 hour ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

This has nothing to do with my ego.  If I'm wrong, that's fine.  I hope the people here who are in those markets make some decent money with it.

I'm just stating my opinion.  I just laid out my reasons why I haven't and won't be participating in it.  I think it deserves a lot of caution and I have yet to be convinced that it has a viable use case for the current prices.

We'll see in time.

Right or wrong I'm with Tails on this NFT craze. I've just piggybacked Tails starting with VeVe. He has to be up at least 7 figures.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:27 AM, tailsyoulose said:

I'm gonna start a thread here to share good NFT based projects. Recent ones like bored apes have gone crazy, with top apes now getting offers of close to a million.

There's a learning curve - you'll need to have eth loaded into a metamask wallet, which you'll then connect to a site like opensea (to buy on the secondary market) or the minting sites (if buying at drop). I would not recommend buying at drop - especially if you're new to eth transactions and gas, because transactions can fail leaving you out the gas fee, which are crazy high at drop times. And also because if you buy secondary, you can get one you pick yourself rather than a random one.

Even if you guys aren't in NFTs yet, definitely learn how to use Metamask. Add the Matic, DRK, and Binance Smart Chain Networks and you'll be set to go with almost everything.

I mentioned chainfaces in a previous post. 

Yesterday a guy from Sotheby's tweeted this:

Im noticing a lot more interest in these now. They've been a serious sleeper, but I won't be surprised to see them go under the hammer at Christies one day as well.

Right now floor faces are super cheap, but a better move is to make low-ball offers on ones with 100% symmetry or a decent bear percentage. You never know, someone might let one go for 0.4 eth.

2 hours ago, WVU said:

I own several NFTs but still remain bearish on the whole idea.

You never pass up a money making opportunity so you may want to look into these again. Right now I'm looking at the gaming NFTs. Not only is it a game but some have added a gambling aspect. Playing a game can be addictive and now there's  gambling to the mix. The other thing that happens is close to the time of a drop, the price jumps for those that have tokens.

6 minutes ago, WVU said:

Raiders quick question if you care to answer.  How much have you invested in this and how much have you gotten back so far or are you just holding everything?

Invested 6 figures in the NFTs and also play around with tokens associated. Keep the NFTs, buy and sell the tokens.

1 hour ago, raiders72 said:

I don't do much staking but the passive income that can be earned is outrageous. https://staking.illuvium.io/

This is the best play for near term. You are gonna make a ton of money. 

Off topic, but dont neglect the cardano DeFi scene either. Get something staking in those ada pools. 

Ray network will have a comprehensive suite of tools for cardano, including: wallet, dex, slick nft marketplace, graphQL api for cardano, staking, and more. You can stake in that pool, get XRAY tokens, AND keep the ada rewards as well. Price is pegged at 22c but will go to a dollar easily. This one could also be a total monster on cardano, given how good the dev team is, the tools, and how early they are to the game. 20.0 (4-5b mc) is not out of the question here. That would be a 100x from here.

Other options - CSWAP (this is the big one - you can still stake cards/eth LP for it but I'd suggest just buying it on uni for 10c... It will do a 30x easily imo).

Minswap stake pool opens on Aug 18, and you can also keep your ada rewards from that one. 

Sundae swap staking will launch at mainnet - plenty of time before that one goes live.

Adax is offering a private sale at 25c - likely an easy 5-10x from that one. 

Cardax ISO announcement coming soon as well.