Great start for the FCS newest team

sleepy

The University of St. Thomas' 2021 football home opener against St. Francis (Ill.) scheduled for Sept. 4 has been cancelled due to COVID-19 protocols. The university is searching for a replacement opponent to play at O'Shaughnessy Stadium on Sept. 4, or on a date later in the season.

The Tommies are preparing for their first season as a member of the Pioneer Football League following last summer's approval from the NCAA to transition from Division III directly into Division I.

"Our football program deserves great credit for its approach after a very long layoff between games," said Phil Esten, St. Thomas' vice president and director of athletics. "Our players and coaches have a 100-percent vaccination rate as a team. They continue to do everything they can to prepare and put themselves in a position to have a successful fall season. Coach Glenn Caruso continues stressing the importance of remaining physically and mentally ready to compete."

No worries...Much ado about nothing...

Presbyterian was joined as a new PFL member in 2021 by the University of St. Thomas, a Twin Cities school that had been expelled from its longtime Division III home of the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC) effective in 2021–22. Shortly after the MIAC announced St. Thomas' expulsion, the Summit League, a non-football Division I conference, offered the Tommies membership. The NCAA announced on July 15, 2020 that it had granted a waiver to allow St. Thomas to make the jump to D-I on a five-year schedule instead of the four years used for moves from Division II. The Tommies will not be eligible for the FCS playoffs until the transition is completed in 2026.

6 minutes ago, El Chapo2017 said:

No worries...Much ado about nothing...

Presbyterian was joined as a new PFL member in 2021 by the University of St. Thomas, a Twin Cities school that had been expelled from its longtime Division III home of the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC) effective in 2021–22. Shortly after the MIAC announced St. Thomas' expulsion, the Summit League, a non-football Division I conference, offered the Tommies membership. The NCAA announced on July 15, 2020 that it had granted a waiver to allow St. Thomas to make the jump to D-I on a five-year schedule instead of the four years used for moves from Division II. The Tommies will not be eligible for the FCS playoffs until the transition is completed in 2026.

Poor old st thomas cant get in the football playoffs for 5 more years. i guess Alabama can relax.

I’ve been bickering with my local sports radio hosts about stuff like this for the last month. I keep pointing out to them that they need to be attacking the ridiculous protocols these teams/universities/organizations are subjecting themselves to. The ones instituting useless protocols are the ones to blame. No one else. No matter how many protocols are put in place, the virus is going to do its thing. They are surrounded by this evidence. Instead, they’ll get mad at one or two unvaxxed players, or just bemoan the situation when it is entirely avoidable. Just lose the protocols.

9 minutes ago, rdalert447 said:

I’ve been bickering with my local sports radio hosts about stuff like this for the last month. I keep pointing out to them that they need to be attacking the ridiculous protocols these teams/universities/organizations are subjecting themselves to. The ones instituting useless protocols are the ones to blame. No one else. No matter how many protocols are put in place, the virus is going to do its thing. They are surrounded by this evidence. Instead, they’ll get mad at one or two unvaxxed players, or just bemoan the situation when it is entirely avoidable. Just lose the protocols.

Same with schools opening and all this testing of kids, they find things that were always there and then go bezerk. Stop testing  regular schools, school sports, college and the NFL, stop testing everywhere, it accomplishes nothing but fueling hysteria.

1 minute ago, mikeman said:

Same with schools opening and all this testing of kids, they find things that were always there and then go bezerk. Stop testing  regular schools, school sports, college and the NFL, stop testing everywhere, it accomplishes nothing but fueling hysteria.

that's what it was always MEANT to accomplish

gotta keep the fear, ignorance, and hatred ratcheted up until everyone is forced into vaccine passports

then you're part of the system and can only buy groceries for your family if you are a good boy and keep getting jabbed... oh wait one of our drones saw you talking to your neighbor outside of your 1-hour free time, now you're banned from all transactions for 2 weeks

1 minute ago, Axl Rose 2020 said:

I swear I've never seen anything like the complete foolish horseshit you idiots spew in this vacuum daily.  You're not and never will be in charge of a fucking thing.  And thank God for that.  Mental poverty at it's finest

Live and let live Brock.

Americans like choices...

12 minutes ago, Axl Rose 2020 said:

I swear I've never seen anything like the complete foolish horseshit you idiots spew in this vacuum daily.  You're not and never will be in charge of a fucking thing.  And thank God for that.  Mental poverty at it's finest

Enjoy your mask mandate, even though “you did your part.”

15 minutes ago, Axl Rose 2020 said:

really?  i ran a successful business for 26 years

you haven't even been able to keep a job as a truck driver or pizza delivery guy, or pay your debts without declaring multiple bankruptcies