A stock you want to be on now

Brock Landers

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, FairWarning said:

Metro areas are better set up, no doubt.  I’m thinking of a Labor Day weekend trip from Chicago to Traverse City.  It may take 8+ hours to make it home because the expressway is backed up for the last 100 miles.  What happens then?  

Then it takes you 8 hours to get home like everyone else.

28 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

My brother has one, swears by it - but he drives 100 miles a week.  If he’s driving any long distances, he’s using the gas car.  How many people can afford two cars?

I drive 40 miles each way to work.  A second car is not necessary even for your brother 

11 minutes ago, mikeman said:

5 cents/mile is what you save currently by driving an EV, so over 100K miles you'll save $5K, they cost $15-20-30,000 more than a gas car, considering the tremendous downsides to EV's there is NO logical argument to be made for their widespread adoption.

Critical thinking skills are lacking in the liberal looney community .

Most are just told its a good thing and run with it. 

Exhibit 1 - biden 

17 minutes ago, mikeman said:

5 cents/mile is what you save currently by driving an EV, so over 100K miles you'll save $5K, they cost $15-20-30,000 more than a gas car, considering the tremendous downsides to EV's there is NO logical argument to be made for their widespread adoption.

100% electric will have a huge impact on the used car market too.

No more $2k cars that you can fix up and get running.  How many people will get stuck buying an EV with dead or nearly dead batteries?

4 minutes ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

100% electric will have a huge impact on the used car market too.

No more $2k cars that you can fix up and get running.  How many people will get stuck buying an EV with dead or nearly dead batteries?

I’ve explained this to WVU and all the junkyards we’re going to have for these things due to that.  All perfectly fine to him as long as one isn’t built near his house.  Then there’s the people driving gas cars that make 30k a year that can’t afford a new car period, much less and EV, and old EV’s are useless.  Adapt of die he says.  What a great person.