A stock you want to be on now

Brock Landers

1 minute ago, jasson621 said:

I am no EV expert but I am 100% positive neither you nor anyone in your family knows one thing about a hair dryer.

The last time brock used EV and dryer in the same sentence it went a little something like this.

Deb was washing Ty’s clothes so I went and tossed my shirt into a running dryer in the community room. Super EV move ya fucks.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

So exactly what do you expect people to do making 30k a year that drive an hour each way to their job to do?  Just bc EV’s aren’t going to be as expensive doesn’t mean that they can afford any car vs what they currently have period.  And any used ones are practically useless.  Most parents buy a used car for their kids when they turn 16.  What are they gonna do buying something utterly useless?  Then what?

They will buy whatever is available to buy and it won’t be a gas vehicle.

3 minutes ago, WVU said:

They will buy whatever is available to buy and it won’t be a gas vehicle.

So where does this money for them come from?  They currently have a perfectly fine ICB and don’t want anything else.  Where are 30k a year employees getting 25k for a new EV?  Why would they buy a used EV that will give them nothing but a dead battery completely very soon?  And then they have to biy another one.  That’s asinine to think it’s just going to happen just bc you think they have no choice.  Where does their non-existent money for this come from?

3 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

So where does this money for them come from?  They currently have a perfectly fine ICB and don’t want anything else.  Where are 30k a year employees getting 25k for a new EV?  Why would they buy a used EV that will give them nothing but a dead battery completely very soon?  And then they have to biy another one.  That’s asinine to think it’s just going to happen just bc you think they have no choice.  Where does their non-existent money for this come from?

There will not be any gasoline cars for them to buy.  Period.  What will they do?  Adapt.  Like everyone else.

1 hour ago, WVU said:

Lies.  Come on man. Ive been driving teslas for 4 years.  I once waited about 5 minutes.  That was the only time one wasn’t immediately available 

NOT THE ARTICLE I READ BUT QUICK GOOGLE FOUND THIS 

Video Shows Massive Line of Teslas Waiting to Charge: 25 Wait in Line as It Takes Over 1 Hour to Charge

unnamed-e1610580338765-150x150.jpg
 By Grant Atkinson  May 17, 2022 at 2:16pm

President Joe Biden loves to pretend electric cars are easy and convenient for all Americans. In reality, purchasing an electric car comes with plenty of additional concerns.

Recently, one woman captured a video in Louisiana highlighting this very fact.

In the video, a long line of Tesla vehicles can be seen waiting to charge up at a public station. The video has been making the rounds on social media amid the Biden administration’s electric car push.

According to KTAL-TV, the woman who took the video was Texas native Candace London Metz. She told the outlet that she had recently finished shopping at Sam’s Club when she saw the line.

Metz said she was so surprised by the scene that she decided to pull over and capture it.

Advertisement - story continues below

“When I first pulled up, there were only about 10 cars,” Metz told KTAL-TV. “As I sat there, they just kept coming, and more and more got in line. At one point there were over 25 in line.”

Eventually, Metz said she made her way over to the charging stations and asked one of the drivers how long it took to charge his vehicle.

She said the man told her it usually takes about 30 minutes to charge, but the stations were running slower because they were overworked. He said his vehicle took about an hour to charge that day.

If every vehicle took as long to charge, cars in the back of the line would be waiting almost a full day to reach the charging station. While some might chose to just drive away after waiting a couple of hours, others would not have that choice.

Metz said the man she talked to was traveling, so he did not have the option of just going home. He quite literally could not continue down the road until he was able to get his car charged.

This scene in Louisiana was not an isolated incident. Long lines at charging stations have increasingly become an issue around the country.

Earlier this year, Business Insider reporter Ben Bergman posted a similar video of himself trying to charge his Tesla only to be met by an incredibly long line.

“The very rare time as a Tesla owner I wish I could pay $6/gallon for gas and be on my way,” he wrote. “We need more super chargers @elonmusk”

To his credit, Musk did respond to the tweet and assured Bergman his company was “working on it.”

In the end, the responsibility does not fall on Musk. Biden created the unprecedented demand for charging stations by taking steps to eliminate fossil fuels and push Americans towards electric vehicles.

If he was an intelligent leader, he would have built the infrastructure to support a huge surge in electric car purchases. He failed to do so, and now he is responsible for the consequences.

Skiparrow

Skiparrow

Truth and Accuracy

Submit a Correction →

We are committed to truth and accuracy in all of our journalism. Read our editorial standards.

Tags:
unnamed-e1610580338765-150x150.jpg
Associate Reporter
Grant is a graduate of Virginia Tech with a bachelor’s degree in journalism. He has five years of writing experience with various outlets and enjoys covering politics and sports.

4 minutes ago, WVU said:

There will not be any gasoline cars for them to buy.  Period.  What will they do?  Adapt.  Like everyone else.

With what money that they don’t have?  This is all typical liberal utopia pipe dream.  I predict they keep driving their current cars and nobody buys this at the rate needed for any of this to ever happen.  From new buyers to used buyers.

3 minutes ago, WVU said:

You really are clueless.  This isn’t an idea.  It’s fact.  Read up on laws concerning the manufacturing of gasoline engines.

You still haven’t answered what this mythical “adapt” is for people that don’t have the money.  Please go sell the cashier at your local Publix making 23k a year on the idea of buying a new or used EV bc gas is gone.

You sound out of touch with reality vs these common every day people and what they struggle with and just toss out “adapt” like it will all just have to work itself out.  How for them?

Just now, Gmcarroll33 said:

You still haven’t answered what this mythical “adapt” is for people that don’t have the money.  Please go sell the cashier at your local Publix making 23k a year on the idea of buying a new or used EV.

Not my problem or concern.  If you can’t afford a car, buy a bike.

1 minute ago, WVU said:

Not my problem or concern.  If you can’t afford a car, buy a bike.

Yeah exactly.  Adapt or get fucked is your attitude about it.  So all these people doing the best they can do with a perfectly good ICB are now told by people like you “life was already hard enough making 25-30k a year, but now I wanna say that you can really get fucked.  EV or bike an hour each way to your job.”  So down goes the auto industry bc nobody is buying any of them.  Jesus Christ what a privelaged liberal.

1 minute ago, WVU said:

Dumb striper, what if I posted 3 million pics of non busy charging stations?  Under normal conditions there are no lines at the charging stations.  Unusual situations, sure but there are lines for gas too.

In those isolated instances you may need to isolate in your car for a mere 24 hours before you get on your merry way.

4 minutes ago, WVU said:

Adapt or get fucked has been the way it is since the beginning of man

Well congrats you live on a golf course.  Now go tell this to people that help make the world run doing this on a 25-30k salary and traveling an hour each way daily.  Good thing you’re not in sales bc your pitch to those people would be beyond awful, and it’s not much better with anybody else.

3 minutes ago, housepicks said:

Not the same thing and you know it. Running out of gas or a car breaking down ain’t the same thing as being backed up behind a bunch of people needing an hour charge

No one needs an hour charge so there’s that.  You can run out of gas easier than charge since my car will send me to one when I need it while your car slurps down the last of the sludge in your tank.

Is EV charging cheaper than gas?

Charging any of these vehicles at home will run about $12.62 per 100 miles while fueling one at a gas station may run about $11.08. That difference, while not incredibly substantial, may add up — and when these drivers go to a public charging station, they're likely to pay about $16.10 per 100 miles.

This is California's official stats as of Aug 1st. 

1 minute ago, jasson621 said:
Is EV charging cheaper than gas?

Charging any of these vehicles at home will run about $12.62 per 100 miles while fueling one at a gas station may run about $11.08. That difference, while not incredibly substantial, may add up — and when these drivers go to a public charging station, they're likely to pay about $16.10 per 100 miles.

This is California's official stats as of Aug 1st. 

Pretty easy to find electricity rates in California.  Should I start with LA?