Forget the Covid Thread. Vaxxed or Unvaxxed

sleepy

ss is 6.2%... medicare is 1.45%

looks like it will be DEFERRED like joey said... still not sure why it would be retroactive to july 1st when those payroll taxes have already been paid in

total clusterfuck either way, quit giving away free shit that nobody can afford

How can it be deferred, on your tax forms you dont account for SS  payments? It might reduce your future SS benefits however.  This has happened several other times, I think bush did it and obama did it, that wasn't deferred as far as I remember.

• Replies 26.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sleepy

• FISHHEAD

• mikeman

• RaiseThese

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Supposedly Trump has the authority to suspend the tax-through the treasury sec and IRS, he prob doesn't have the authority to extend unemployment benefits, but Obama had no authority to do DACA and he got away with it. Also that would put the democrats in a position of suing the president to stop him from helping unemployed people, not a good look.

How can it be deferred, on your tax forms you dont account for SS  payments? It might reduce your future SS benefits however.  This has happened several other times, I think bush did it and obama did it, that wasn't deferred as far as I remember.

it wasn't deferred then, it was a reduction from 6.2% to 4.2% for one year (just on the employee side)

nobody has ever waived the 7.65% for half a year, it could happen but it would be really stupid

it wasn't deferred then, it was a reduction from 6.2% to 4.2% for one year (just on the employee side)

nobody has ever waived the 7.65% for half a year, it could happen but it would be really stupid

I agree spending money you dont have is stupid and crazy, what have we already spent 2-3 trillion? Take the $600 bonus, or even the $1200 stimulus, why not 6000/week extra, and pay everyone $100 grand? The liberals want to destroy america, may as well go down spending.

Anyone who thinks Trump will accomplish this with some executive order is as dumb as he is.

1) Congress decides money issues

2)if he was going to do this, he would do it, not threaten to do it

And why does he keep babbling about a healthcare plan coming???? There's NO HEALTHCARE PLAN coming, and there never was one

Boom. looks like it's a done deal. :cigar

• Jimmy Hoffa changed the title to TGF Master Covid Thread