• sleepy

• FISHHEAD

• mikeman

• RaiseThese

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, zzmocashzz said:

Fate Quotes - BrainyQuote

“Alexander's sexuality has been the subject of speculation and controversy in modern times.[228]The Roman era writer Athenaeus says, based on the scholar Dicaearchus, who was Alexander's contemporary, that the king "was quite excessively keen on boys", and that Alexander kissed the eunuch Bagoas in public.”

Wiki

Just now, rdalert447 said:

“Alexander's sexuality has been the subject of speculation and controversy in modern times.[228]The Roman era writer Athenaeus says, based on the scholar Dicaearchus, who was Alexander's contemporary, that the king "was quite excessively keen on boys", and that Alexander kissed the eunuch Bagoas in public.”

Wiki

damn, i quoted a republican :doh

It begins. As this trend spreads in just a few weeks the left is going to lose their mind.

In Mississippi, 73,000 Vaccine Slots and Few Takers

Andrew Jacobs
Fri, April 9, 2021, 7:08 AM

Allisa White receives her Moderna vaccine at a drive-thru site on the campus of Delta State University in Cleveland, Miss., on March 16, 2021. (Rory Doyle/The New York Times)

Allisa White receives her Moderna vaccine at a drive-thru site on the campus of Delta State University in Cleveland, Miss., on March 16, 2021. (Rory Doyle/The New York Times)

When it comes to getting the coronavirus vaccine, Mississippi residents have an abundance of options. On Thursday, there were more than 73,000 slots to be had on the state’s scheduling website, up from 68,000 on Tuesday.

In some ways, the growing glut of appointments in Mississippi is something to celebrate: It reflects the mounting supplies that have prompted states across the country to open up eligibility to anyone over 16.

But public health experts say the pileup of unclaimed appointments in Mississippi exposes something more worrisome: the large number of people who are reluctant to get inoculated.

“It’s time to do the heavy lifting needed to overcome the hesitancy we’re encountering,” said Dr. Obie McNair, an internal medicine practitioner in Jackson, the state capital, whose office has a plentiful supply of vaccines but not enough takers.

Although access remains a problem in rural Mississippi, experts say that the state — one of the first to open eligibility to all adults three weeks ago — may be a harbinger of what much of the country will confront in the coming weeks, as increasing supplies enable most Americans who want the vaccine to easily make appointments.

The hesitancy has national implications. Experts say between 70% to 90% of all Americans must be vaccinated for the country to reach herd immunity, the point at which the virus can no longer spread through the population.

When it comes to rates of vaccination, Mississippi still has a way to go, with just a quarter of all residents having received at least one dose compared with the nationwide average of 33%, according to state data. Other Southern states, among them Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama and Georgia, have similarly low rates of vaccination.

6 minutes ago, mikeman said:

It begins. As this trend spreads in just a few weeks the left is going to lose their mind.

In Mississippi, 73,000 Vaccine Slots and Few Takers

Andrew Jacobs
Fri, April 9, 2021, 7:08 AM

When it comes to getting the coronavirus vaccine, Mississippi residents have an abundance of options. On Thursday, there were more than 73,000 slots to be had on the state’s scheduling website, up from 68,000 on Tuesday.

In some ways, the growing glut of appointments in Mississippi is something to celebrate: It reflects the mounting supplies that have prompted states across the country to open up eligibility to anyone over 16.

But public health experts say the pileup of unclaimed appointments in Mississippi exposes something more worrisome: the large number of people who are reluctant to get inoculated.

“It’s time to do the heavy lifting needed to overcome the hesitancy we’re encountering,” said Dr. Obie McNair, an internal medicine practitioner in Jackson, the state capital, whose office has a plentiful supply of vaccines but not enough takers.

Although access remains a problem in rural Mississippi, experts say that the state — one of the first to open eligibility to all adults three weeks ago — may be a harbinger of what much of the country will confront in the coming weeks, as increasing supplies enable most Americans who want the vaccine to easily make appointments.

The hesitancy has national implications. Experts say between 70% to 90% of all Americans must be vaccinated for the country to reach herd immunity, the point at which the virus can no longer spread through the population.

When it comes to rates of vaccination, Mississippi still has a way to go, with just a quarter of all residents having received at least one dose compared with the nationwide average of 33%, according to state data. Other Southern states, among them Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama and Georgia, have similarly low rates of vaccination.

Will be hilarious when this happens in CA too. People are going to FREAK. I have a friend who refuses to let me into his house despite the fact he has the vax already bc I refuse to get it.

I’d say 25% or so of my friends/coworkers have no plans to get it and I assume that’s a reasonable estimate for CA as whole. Libs are going flip out. Lol 

1 minute ago, joeybagadonuts said:

Will be hilarious when this happens in CA too. People are going to FREAK. I have a friend who refuses to let me into his house despite the fact he has the vax already bc I refuse to get it. 

We're vaccinating like crazy right now(3 million/day on a 7 day basis) , we're at 179 million doses given to about 112 million people. IF 70-75% of eligible people get vaccinated it'll be about 180 million people and perhaps 310 million doses(depending on how many are single dosers).

So by early may demand will crash - it'll be 90% finished - mop up and straggler time, at that very time vaccine supply will be ramping up huge. That will be the trigger for the meltdown, especially if we're below 75%. , and it will also trigger huge outcry that "selfish" people are prolonging everything. Unvaccinated are causing any remaining cases...it's all your fault, etc.

It's gonna be so enjoyable to watch

8 minutes ago, mikeman said:

We're vaccinating like crazy right now(3 million/day on a 7 day basis) , we're at 179 million doses given to about 112 million people. IF 70-75% of eligible people get vaccinated it'll be about 180 million people and perhaps 310 million doses(depending on how many are single dosers).

So by early may demand will crash - it'll be 90% finished - mop up and straggler time, at that very time vaccine supply will be ramping up huge. That will be the trigger for the meltdown, especially if we're below 75%. , and it will also trigger huge outcry that "selfish" people are prolonging everything. Unvaccinated are causing any remaining cases...it's all your fault, etc.

It's gonna be so enjoyable to watch

not really, because as i've said for a year

Certificate

Of

Vaccination

ID

the only way to scare people into getting it will be forced vaccination passports... already happening with industries bailed out by the govt, like airlines/cruises... then those qr codes on your phone are good for buying/selling... say something bad about the governor?  your whole family is banned from the economy

20 minutes ago, joeybagadonuts said:

I’d say 25% or so of my friends/coworkers have no plans to get it and I assume that’s a reasonable estimate for CA as whole. Libs are going flip out. Lol 

don't you know that your magic unicorn vaccine makes his magic unicorn vaccine work even better??!!

i never let anyone into my house that isn't wearing a condom because i'm afraid i will be impregnated somehow

• Jimmy Hoffa changed the title to TGF Master Covid Thread