joey bag of cock sucks

EugeneMorgan

1 minute ago, EugeneMorgan said:

Thank you for your thoughts and opinions.

Yes probably 28 of 30 nights a month will lose money. Maybe that's high side. 

I won't get more specific other than multiple revenue streams and you will just have to wait and see I guess is the best way I can put it right now.

I also understand the margins on food and beverage so that is not an area of concern.

Very mysterious sir, you gonna run a bar as a front for a drug operation? :mutley

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, mikeman said:

When i stay at the ultra luxurious El Cortez downtown i walk by those east fremont places all the time, they're basically deserted till mid evening, then it picks up, walking by later in the evening I'd say most have crowds in the dozens, not hundreds. The people who frequent them are  almost all locals.

That has nothing to do with this.

And I've previously stated I'm not a fan of those establishments from either an entertainment or financial point of view.

There are a couple of gems down there but they are not on east Fremont by the Cortez and you have probably never heard of them not could you find them.

Just now, mikeman said:

Very mysterious sir, you gonna run a bar as a front for a drug operation? :mutley

I'm not being mysterious but you know nothing about the area, know nothing about the businesses and keep making fallacious statements so I'm not going to choose to share every little detail with you. 

Trying to be nice but don't think adding entertainment liaison to your already impressive Internet resume is suitable to you doctor war correspondent.

That has nothing to do with this.

And I've previously stated I'm not a fan of those establishments from either an entertainment or financial point of view.

There are a couple of gems down there but they are not on east Fremont by the Cortez and you have probably never heard of them not could you find them.

What's your target clientel, mexicans, blacks, college types? Do they have enough money to spread around?

36 minutes ago, EugeneMorgan said:

James,

In a multi purpose venue the keys are flexibility and scalability .

Gaming vis a restricted tavern license is a possibility depending on the feasibility study but it's much more likely going to be best served for another separate venture.

Personally I want no part of gaming fir this project, but I don't have 100% of the decision making ability.

I can't get anywhere near a gaming license myself. But I'm interested in the structure of your project.

Are you interested in purchasing the land and/or the building to conduct business or are you looking to rent/lease the physical space?

I'm not being mysterious but you know nothing about the area, know nothing about the businesses and keep making fallacious statements so I'm not going to choose to share every little detail with you. 

Trying to be nice but don't think adding entertainment liaison to your already impressive Internet resume is suitable to you doctor war correspondent.

Fair enough, however the fact you cant answer simple questions like approx prices for drinks  at your competition tells me you haven't thought this through.

Saying stuff like this is a vibrant area transitioning into a entertainment district is jargon. Many years ago one of my haunts was bought out by a couple rich guys from who wanted to turn the place from a 2 for 1 place with cheap food to an upscale restaurant with a quality wine list - it failed miserably.

6 minutes ago, EugeneMorgan said:

None of the above. 

Think of tech types and pseudo hipster wannabes like joey back of cock nuts.

Tons of disposable income in this area around town. Maybe venture outside your bubble next time you are in town and check out the area. 

Those tech types and hipsters dont live anywhere near that formerly dumpy and dangerous area, most people party and  drink somewhere near where they live.

Give me the name of one or two of the competition and I'll google them.

Ok so I'll count you out as an investor. And we will have to take keystone beer off the menu as well .

And what makes you think I can't answer prices of competitors. I have you a general answer to a general question about local bars.

I'm not opening a local bar. But I'm sure your example of a bistro in bumfuck minnesota is relevant somehow. 

I'm sitting in the area right now talking to a guy who worked with apple and a nice couple who sound like they are from Wisconsin.

My beer is $7. Does that help your quest for internet dominance?

2 minutes ago, EugeneMorgan said:

Ok so I'll count you out as an investor. And we will have to take keystone beer off the menu as well .

And what makes you think I can't answer prices of competitors. I have you a general answer to a general question about local bars.

I'm not opening a local bar. But I'm sure your example of a bistro in bumfuck minnesota is relevant somehow. 

I'm sitting in the area right now talking to a guy who worked with apple and a nice couple who sound like they are from Wisconsin.

My beer is $7. Does that help your quest for internet dominance?

There you gave me an answer, thank you, wasnt that hard.

5 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Those tech types and hipsters dont live anywhere near that formerly dumpy and dangerous area, most people party and  drink somewhere near where they live.

Give me the name of one or two of the competition and I'll google them.

There are a bunch of hipster type places popping up in the arts district.

Rebar, Jammyland, Three Sheets, etc.

6 minutes ago, EugeneMorgan said:

Face palm.

I assume you've watched bar rescue, every place is the same - a poorly run dump frequented by drunks that loses money, John taffer spruces it up and wants the bartenders to learn how to make fancy upscale drinks no ones going to order once he leaves. Everyone wants rich, fun customers who have money to burn - it's not that easy because there aren't enough of those people to go around considering the national economy is stratifying.

Just now, MonkeyF0cker said:

Depends.  Some live music.

Thanks, see Gene, answering easy questions isn't hard. I'll ask you monkey, at these places in the new arts district what are the revenue streams - other than alcohol are there any?

Nothing wrong with trendy places, if you hit the fad at the right time you can do very well, but can it sustain, for example here in minneapolis the crime problem is changing everything downtown, places are closing and dying, is vegas vulnerable to that in the future.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I stumbled into Rebar to use the men's room.

It didn't seem notable at the time.

I'll be in vegas next week, I'll walk down there and check it out. It's about 1 mile south of the plaza? that's doable.

I'll have my fanny pack and new balance shoes.

9 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Thanks, see Gene, answering easy questions isn't hard. I'll ask you monkey, at these places in the new arts district what are the revenue streams - other than alcohol are there any?

Nothing wrong with trendy places, if you hit the fad at the right time you can do very well, but can it sustain, for example here in minneapolis the crime problem is changing everything downtown, places are closing and dying, is vegas vulnerable to that in the future.

That area has cleaned up quite a bit but with all of these Californians moving here, who knows what will happen.