Joey vs Brock Sunday Showdown for a Dime

Hoops

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as good as I'd hoped for, especially at these astronomical prices. Barrel steak was perfectly cooked, but whipped potatoes were barely warm. The waiter constantly interrupted our conversation, as if he were more important. Bar staff were incredibly rude. Would not return.

8 minutes ago, xyz said:

UGH.

When you search for the best steakhouses in Chicago, Chicago Cut is constantly positioned as one of the top 5 by local food/dining media. Would probably rate it below most other steakhouses I’ve been to. Service is extremely rushed. The 90-minute limit that they make clear at the very beginning sets the tone for a rushed, lackluster experience. The tables are packed together like sardines, servers and other staff are constantly hovering. Hoping that the food would make up for the shortcoming in service and also justify the premium pricing but sadly that was not the case. Ribeye was bland and undercooked (ordered it medium rare, came out rare). Tuna tartare, oysters and dessert (chocolate cake) were good. Ordered an espresso and think I got a whole cup of coffee. Our server just flying by and throwing the check on the table without asking if we enjoyed the experience was icing on the cake. Again, much better fine dining steakhouse options at the same price point range with better dining experience literally across the other side of the Chicago River. Would recommend Steak 48, Prime & Provisions, Swift & Sons, Maple & Ash and RPM Steak instead. Would even add Wildfire Grill to that list above Chicago Cut.

Sounds like a shit restaurant...

Bad service...Time limit...WTF?

I came here a few weekends ago and was really excited because I had never been before. Staff seemed nice except for very overwhelmed. The restaurant was PACKED. They had people standing in the bar area waiting, standing inside the front door, it was almost impossible to move. Same thing in the dining area. Once we were finally seated, the dining room had so many tables, chairs and people, you could barely get up and get out of your seat and pass by someone. Our table was so close to the table behind us that at one point, one of the staff dropped mashed potatoes at the other table behind me and the potatoes splashed all over my back. Still, even though I wasn’t enjoying the ambiance and how packed the place was, I was still excited about my food. I went with the skirt steak. When my food arrived, it came cold, not cool, it came cold. And at that point everyone else had their food, so I just went ahead and ate it because I didn’t want to wait any longer to have it “cooked” more. The flavor of the steak was bad. The only saving grace of the night were a couple of the sides that my table ordered. I was really disappointed, which is too bad because it’s such an expensive restaurant.

2 minutes ago, joeybagadonuts said:

Your wife’s husband. The guy who kicked you out of your own poverty student apartment in the projects. 

BINGO BANGO!

Quoting Hurry there.

How does BIG MOUTHED BASS LANDERS have so much oil money.

But does not own a house.

Any land at all.

Silver.

Gold.

A simple basic Hyundai car?

He is a HOMELESS POS.

7 minutes ago, joeybagadonuts said:

Your wife’s husband. The guy who kicked you out of your own poverty student apartment in the projects. 

Gotta love your modern liberal dummycrats.  Trump this, racist republicans that, yet every time they refer to a black person they talk about them like they’re a sub human creature or something and say the most racist thing they can think of.

9 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Gotta love your modern liberal dummycrats.  Trump this, racist republicans that, yet every time they refer to a black person they talk about them like they’re a sub human creature or something and say the most racist thing they can think of.

It is too close to call.

For TGF's numero UNO racist.

But STIFFY AXEL E is right there.

22 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Yup. Brock is a vile piece of shit and dumb as a box of rocks.