Which current young stars have a chance at 600 home runs?

Yanks

I agree they should own it but thats tough to do before you are 100% caught. Like the Braun case, I dont blame braun for lying and saying he never took it for a second, why would he admit to it when he got away with it (at least for the time being)? Now going out and getting that guy fired thats a separate issue and a complete scumbag move but i see the appeal to take the drugs and if you are going to take them you gotta lie about it until you are completely and undeniably caught

And honestly i think if you got most of those guys into a conversation where they could be honest i doubt they would consider it a fuck up. To me its a calculated risk. If the consequence is only 50 games and thats only IF you are caught and the reward is a possible 200 M contract seems more than worth it.

In a perfect world everyone plays by the same standards but we both know anytime there is that kind of money on the line, in anything not just sports, there will be people looking for every edge they can get to get their hands on it.

No offense but we are just going to go around in circles debating this.

Agree to disagree

I dont blame braun for lying and saying he never took it for a second' date=' why would he admit to it when he got away with it [/quote']

Huh? WTF?

That fucker is a scumbag. His adamant denials were pathetic. Its one thing to deny, its another to do it how he did it.

Read his quotes again. Hes a fucking piece of shit.

Huh? WTF?

That fucker is a scumbag. His adamant denials were pathetic. Its one thing to deny, its another to do it how he did it.

Read his quotes again. Hes a fucking piece of shit.

I dont disagree he is a scumbag. He absolutely is

I just dont blame him for the steroids and lying about it. Yes he went above and beyond with his lies about it but guy was trying to sell a story he knew was fake. So he went overboard trying to make people believe and truth is it worked on a lot of people. Plenty still believed he was innocent because of how he denied it so strongly (same thing with Papi who people forget was connected to PEDs on the mitchell report i believe it was)

Where he became a scumbag in my mind was going so far with the lie to get a guy fired from his job and ruin his reputation. Its one thing to lie about roids in baseball, at the end of the day who cares. But messing with a mans livelihood was fucked up and that guy was hated in milw as people geniouinly thought he messed with the samples to get Braun in trouble. Thats lance armstrong type of scumbagery which is a nice little word i just made up

No offense but we are just going to go around in circles debating this.

Agree to disagree

Fair i just want to ask you one question. Not trying to be dickish at all just honestly very curious about your answer here

You said A Rods accomplishments mean nothing cause he cheated, fine. Fair argument if that is your stance and majority agree with you. I dont but respect and understand your viewpoint

But what do you consider of the Yankees last WS title then? I dont think it can be denied Yanks dont win #27 without A Rod he was their best player that year and won MVP of the playoffs.

So im curious if wiping out his accomplishments as nothing translates also to team accomplishments? Im curious to see how most yankee fans that hate A Rod would answer that (obv nyy haters would jump at any chance to wipe out a Yankee title so wouldnt bother asking them)

Fair i just want to ask you one question. Not trying to be dickish at all just honestly very curious about your answer here

You said A Rods accomplishments mean nothing cause he cheated, fine. Fair argument if that is your stance and majority agree with you. I dont but respect and understand your viewpoint

But what do you consider of the Yankees last WS title then? I dont think it can be denied Yanks dont win #27 without A Rod he was their best player that year and won MVP of the playoffs.

So im curious if wiping out his accomplishments as nothing translates also to team accomplishments? Im curious to see how most yankee fans that hate A Rod would answer that (obv nyy haters would jump at any chance to wipe out a Yankee title so wouldnt bother asking them)

It's tainted no doubt. But Sabathia was ALCS MVP and Matsui World Series MVP.

And it was far from just arod who won them the World Series. Sabathia pettitte and Burnett pitched great all postseason.

Philadelphia won game 1.

Burnett beat Pedro in game 2 behind homers from Matsui and Tex

Pettitte beat Hammels in game 3 where arod homered early.

Game 4 is the game where arod gave them the lead in the 9th

Game 5 Philadelphia won behind lee.

Game 6 Yankees won the series and Matsui had 6 rbis

Matsui MVP

But like I said it is tainted but arod didn't win any MVP awards. The 3 man rotation was great. And Matsui Damon tex jeter Rivera Sabathia Burnett pettitte all played great. But because arod was juicing all year then the whole thing is tainted.

He won the Babe Ruth award in 2009 which is MVP for the entire playoffs, not any specific series. His OPS was insane

But fair counter, pitching was great and of course late innings were locked down with Rivera out there.

Thought you mean WS MVP

Forgot the Babe Ruth award even existed.

Their pitching was so good it forced MLB to change the playoff schedule so you can't go with a 3 man rotation.