Do Any of You Guys Drink Here?

rdalert447

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, homedog said:

Operators are still doing fine with the prices up the way they are.  The drilling market in the US is shit though.

My pipeline stocks (Energy Transfer and Antero Midstream are doing great), Occidental Petroleum (driller), is not.

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

My pipeline stocks (Energy Transfer and Antero Midstream are doing great), Occidental Petroleum (driller), is not.

Not intending to be pedantic but Oxy isn't a driller, they are an operator.  I wouldn't bail on that one.

15 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Oxy has a large footprint in the Permian, what I dont like about them is they're big into carbon sequester, etc.

They all have to speak eco-English now. 

Even Chevron has green-speak commercials running during the A's games on TV.

17 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Oxy has a large footprint in the Permian, what I dont like about them is they're big into carbon sequester, etc.

The operators are moving away from this type of stuff as soon as it is negative to the earnings.  It isn't like 2-3 years ago.

Carbon capture isn't going away though so they'll figure out a way to make money.

On 3/30/2024 at 2:22 PM, FISHHEAD said:

FEBRUARY SCORECARD

2/1- x
2/2- 6 Mango Carts
2/3- 18 Keystone Lights
2/4- 6 cherry wheats
2/5- 10 cherry wheats
2/6- 4 Keystones, 2 cherry wheat
2/7- x
2/8- x
2/9- x
2/10- 9 cherry wheats
2/11- 14 cherry wheats
2/12- x
2/13- 1 cherry wheat, 10 bud lights
2/14- 2 coors lights, 6 cheery wheats 2 bud lights
2/15- 7 budlights
7/16- 1 bud light
7/17- 10 cherry wheats
7/18- 2 cherry wheats
7/19- 3 bud lights, 8 Alaskans
2/20- 4 Alaskans
2/21- 6 Cherry wheats, 1 kona, 1 peanut butter stout
2/22- 1 Alasken, 6 cherry
2/23- 5 Alasken, 6 Mango Carts
2/24- 6 moons
2/25- 9 BUD lights, 1 sam adams, 3 805's
2/26- x
2/27- 6 Alaskans
2/28- 4 glasses woodbridge red wine
2/29- 6 Alaskans
======================================= 186 FEB

FH seems like you beat the odds to make it to your age drinking like this, but are you not at all worried about turning as yellow as a highlighter and swelled up with ascites like my friend did at 33 years old?  Doctors recommend 14 drinks a week to not have this happen.   You’re about 3-4x that.  Maybe he was just a pussy.

5 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

I recommend 10-40 a week for OPTIMAL health.

160+ a month BAD !

Will tally up MARCH up tonight., pounding beers sweating nascar/baskets/bases

:mutley

Many years ago i worked with a young women who said her parents drank "a lot", said her dad had a case beer every night, her mom had a 12 pack...every single night. She said her dad got up every morning and went to work.

1 minute ago, mikeman said:

Many years ago i worked with a young women who said her parents drank "a lot", said her dad had a case beer every night, her mom had a 12 pack...every single night. She said her dad got up every morning and went to work.

My wife has 4 beers before 9am shift

6 minutes ago, mikeman said:

The worst thing I ever did was tell that kid that ibuprofen before bed and next am is the only hangover cure imaginable and won't fuck up your liver like Tylenol.  It's not great for your kidneys though.  He turned that into "YEAAHHH BUDDY NOW I CAN WASTED EVERY NIGHT AND SHOW UP TO WORK THE NEXT DAY FEELING SOMEWHAT OK."

It's all a gamble.  Some people get cirrhosis early.  Some never get it.  My dad just lost one of his life long friends to cirrhosis at 89 after a lifetime of drinking.  At 89 who gives a shit.  The scary thing is that it's called the silent killer for a reason.  Your liver has no nerve feelings so you can be damaging it really badly and feel nothing, and then BAM the symptoms of a liver totally fucked show up overnight.