The 2023 Woke Thread...

PatrickBateman

OneFooter you're truly a fucking idiot.  Amazing that neither myself or Downsouth or anybody we know had any problem voting.  But you heard a bunch of dummycrats so say, and dumb athletes that have no clue what they're talking about demanded the game be removed from a predominant black area to an all white area because they were conned with the narrative of fear and racism again.  Yeah that really proves everything.

https://heritageaction.com/blog/myth-vs-fact-the-georgia-election-law

Myth 1: The Georgia election law discourages voting/suppresses votes

FACT: The bill actually preserves or expands ballot access in several important ways: It requires that large precincts with lines more than an hour long take steps like adding voting machines and election personnel for the next election to reduce wait times. It does not change the number of total early voting days, and actually increases the mandatory days of early weekend voting. Compared to 2020, 134 of 159 counties will offer more early voting hours in future elections under the new law. It codifies election drop boxes, which did not exist prior to 2020. Voters can continue to vote absentee with no excuse(unlike states like Delaware, New York, and Connecticut, which require an excuse to vote absentee).

Myth 2: The Georgia law eliminates voting on Sunday to suppress African-American votes

FACT: Georgia law was silent on Sunday early voting days prior to SB 202, and in 2020 only 16 of 159 counties offered early voting on Sundays. The new law explicitly provides the option of holding early voting on two Sundays for all localities. It actually increases the mandatory days of early weekend voting across the state.

Myth 3: The Georgia election law suppresses the vote with onerous voter ID requirements

FACT: The law requires a driver’s license or free state ID number, which 97% of registered voters already have. Anyone without a valid ID can easily obtain one for free. The voter ID requirement replaces the state’s controversial signature match program that led to the disqualification of thousands of votes in 2020.

The law’s voter ID requirement for absentee ballots is overwhelmingly popular in Georgia across the board. According to an AJC poll in January, 74% of Georgia voters support it, including 63% of black voters, and 89% of those making under $25K/year.

Myth 4: The bill eliminates drop boxes for absentee voting

FACT: The drop boxes used in the last election did not exist a year ago. They were first utilized in 2020 as a pandemic precaution. This bill makes them an official part of Georgia elections, and they will be available in all 159 counties in Georgia and under supervision to protect against tampering.

Myth 5: The bill lets Republicans throw out any county votes they don’t agree with

FACT: The bipartisan State Election Board can do performance reviews of local election supervisors who fail their area’s voters with things like long lines and unfulfilled absentee ballot requests. The board will not overturn election results; the law simply provides a process to review and ensure officials are technically competent and complying with state laws and regulations . This process requires a high burden of proof over multiple elections, and the State Elections Board may only suspend up to four election supervisors at any given time, which guards against using this process to try to influence election outcomes.

Myth 6: The bill bans drinking water for voters while waiting in line

FACT: Like the countless other states that have very specific laws against electioneering near polling places, Georgia has codified rules preventing political groups from handing out food or water to voters in line as an incentive to vote, but specifically allows poll workers to make water available to anyone who wants it. The law will also directly cut down wait times, meaning refreshment for people waiting in line will be less necessary.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I never understood the whole providing water thing...

Are we so dependent in America that we need others to provide for our hydration?

Is Georgia so susceptible to droughts that their citizens require this service?

How do voters in other states cope with their hydration needs?

Do a little more research before you say you don't understand something. 

Since voting locations in less populated Republicon areas out number the locations in heavily populated black areas by 10 to 1 in some cases  leading to way longer lines in black areas. Many times 30 minutes for whitey vs. 5 hours for the black person.  Not allowing water is all part of the new Republicon voter suppression laws. What is there not to get. All facts.

The Republicons love to turn a blind eye to cheating and unfairness. Or are you truly that ignorant?

4 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

Since voting locations in less populated Republicon areas out number the locations in heavily populated black areas by 10 to 1 in some cases  leading to way longer lines in black areas. Many times 30 minutes for whitey vs. 5 hours for the black person.  Not allowing water is all part of the new Republicon voter suppression laws. What is there not to get. All facts.

The Republicons love to turn a blind eye to cheating and unfairness. Or are you truly that ignorant?

9 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

Newsflash, dipshit:  You can bring your own bottle of water.

"It's a myth that MLB removed the Allstar game from Confederate Georgia solely because of new Republicon voting laws they deemed racist, suppressive and unfair". Neo-Nazi Gmcarroll33 :laugh

I find it hilarious the Neo-Nazis are defending new Republicon voting laws that are known as racist, suppressive and unfair. 

"

2 hours ago, Bigrunner said:

"It's a myth that MLB removed the Allstar game from Confederate Georgia solely because of new Republicon voting laws they deemed racist, suppressive and unfair". Neo-Nazi Gmcarroll33 :laugh

I find it hilarious the Neo-Nazis are defending new Republicon voting laws that are known as racist, suppressive and unfair. 

"

The MLB is an authority on voting rights according to a libtard.

Go figure.

Everyone gets dumber reading this idiot's posts.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I never understood the whole providing water thing...

Are we so dependent in America that we need others to provide for our hydration?

Is Georgia so susceptible to droughts that their citizens require this service?

How do voters in other states cope with their hydration needs?

This stems from the long lines at polls in Atlanta. It's unfortunately very common for people in some parts of Atlanta to have to wait in line for two to three hours to vote 

4 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

This stems from the long lines at polls in Atlanta. It's unfortunately very common for people in some parts of Atlanta to have to wait in line for two to three hours to vote 

And you conclude what?

Is it typically hot in November?

I would suggest they get better people to run the city and run the elections.

9 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

Only in Atlanta?

It gets warm in many other places in other states where long lines form, but voters elsewhere seem to be able to overcome that obstacle. 

11 minutes ago, mikeman said:

And you conclude what?

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Only in Atlanta?

It gets warm in many other places in other states where long lines form, but voters elsewhere seem to be able to overcome that obstacle. 

The state purposely doesn't have enough polling locations in Atlanta. It's old Tammany Hall style politics. That's why it takes a lot longer to vote in Atlanta than anywhere else in the state.

1 minute ago, HinesWard86 said:

The state purposely doesn't have enough polling locations in Atlanta. It's old Tammany Hall style politics. That's why it takes a lot longer to vote in Atlanta than anywhere else in the state.

Dude stfu.  They have 4 weeks to go early vote if it’s so bad on election day, and can fill out an absentee ballot like everybody else.  I know several black people that live in Decatur, Midtown etc.  Never heard anybody claim they couldn’t find away to vote until fat Stacy Abrams came along trying to con her way out of debt and into a millionaire.  Staff at the polling locations can provide water.  People saying “I’ll give you some water if you promise to vote for ….” Is what’s outlawed and with good reason.

17 minutes ago, mikeman said:

And you conclude what?

Yeah it’s still hot in November here.  Polling staff can give them water, but it’s voter suppression as far as some are concerned that people can’t campaign within the “no electioneering zone” like every polling location has by bribing them with water.

2 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Dude stfu.  They have 4 weeks to go early vote if it’s so bad on election day, and can fill out an absentee ballot like everybody else.  I know several black people that live in Decatur, Midtown etc.  Never heard anybody claim they couldn’t find away to vote until fat Stacy Abrams came along trying to con her way out of debt and into a millionaire.  Staff at the polling locations can provide water.  People saying “I’ll give you some water if you promise to vote for ….” Is what’s outlawed and with good reason.

Early voting lines on the weekends are 2-3 hours long. The easy answer is to make polling locations available, but the Georgia GOP doesn't want to do that.

Its Tammany Hall politics. Been going on in the US for almost 200 years.

Just now, HinesWard86 said:

Early voting lines on the weekends are 2-3 hours long. The easy answer is to make polling locations available, but the Georgia GOP doesn't want to do that.

Its Tammany Hall politics. Been going on in the US for almost 200 years.

Somehow I’ve lived here my entire life and never met a single black person that lives in these areas that ever claimed voting was a nightmare until fat Stacy conned them all.  You lived here a year or so and are an expert on the struggles of voters in Georgia.

17 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

Do they not have drinking fountains in atlanta? I'd be willing to guarantee that every single polling place has a drinking fountain inside.

23 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

Seems to be a longstanding problem that many are aware of.

So if that's the case and voting is such a hardship for some, wouldn't they logically bring their own refreshments?

7 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Do they not have drinking fountains in atlanta? I'd be willing to guarantee that every single polling place has a drinking fountain inside.

They’re outside for a some of it waiting in line.  Any pollster can give them water and do.  Idiots like OneFooter call it Jim Crow 2.0 bc they can’t have campaigners buy votes with water.

38 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Somehow I’ve lived here my entire life and never met a single black person that lives in these areas that ever claimed voting was a nightmare until fat Stacy conned them all.  You lived here a year or so and are an expert on the struggles of voters in Georgia.

I worked with New American Pathways and saw firsthand the humongous pain in the ass it is to vote in Atlanta.

The stories are everywhere, you just have to be willing to look for them and go to these areas. Most white people simply don't or won't. Hell, when you ask a lot of white people about Atlanta they'll just tell you about Buckhead and it's clear they know nothing about the city.

35 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Funny you say that, that's actually a consistent problem with new architecture. The new Rams stadium and the UCF stadium both didn't have enough water fountains and that led to hundreds of heat cats.

Also, I'm not sure about the water fountain situation in Georgia, but I will tell you that there are not a lot of public water fountains anymore. Additionally, a lot of them got shut down post COVID 

17 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

I worked with New American Pathways and saw firsthand the humongous pain in the ass it is to vote in Atlanta.

The stories are everywhere, you just have to be willing to look for them and go to these areas. Most white people simply don't or won't. Hell, when you ask a lot of white people about Atlanta they'll just tell you about Buckhead and it's clear they know nothing about the city.

Again I know multiple black people from Decatur, Midtown etc.  Never heard any of them claiming they were suppressed or couldn’t find a way to vote.  Nice try with playing the white people only know Buckhead as Atlanta card.

2 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Again I know multiple black people from Decatur, Midtown etc.  Never heard any of them claiming they were suppressed or couldn’t find a way to vote.  Nice try with playing the white people only know Buckhead as Atlanta card.

Congrats on "know(ing) multiple black people" lol

The stories are out there, you just have to go to non-white areas and talk to people.

Georgia Public Broadcasting/ProPublica found that about two-thirds of the polling places that had to stay open late for the June primary to accommodate waiting voters were in majority-Black neighborhoods, even though they made up only about one-third of the state's polling places. An analysis by Stanford University political science professor Jonathan Rodden of the data collected by Georgia Public Broadcasting/ProPublica found that the average wait time after 7 p.m. across Georgia was 51 minutes in polling places that were 90% or more nonwhite, but only six minutes in polling places that were 90% white.