Smoked brisket question for you BBQ pros

Hoops

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

Any downside to tossing that on the pellet grill smoker before going to bed?

last time I did one of these felt like it took me 13 hours and I got inpatient and cranked the heat up at the end and fucked up half the brisket 

@Tomorrow's Newspaper

they stall at around 160-165.  Best to wrap it in butcher paper at that point which will help it break through the stall.  Butcher paper is better than aluminum foil as it lets it breath and the bark wont get soft. I always start mine the night before and set an alarm to check it a couple of times.  Id rather have it done too soon then have to crank it up.  If it id done early you can wrap it in towels and put it in an ice chest.  will stay hot for 4-6 hours like that if you dont open the ice chest until ready to cut.

What temp did you start at?  Im still experimenting on on cooking temps.  The meat wont take on smoke after a couple of hours so it is ok to raise temp.  Always start low (225-245).  Im thinking im going to stay at 245 for this entire cook after 2-3 hours at 225

22 minutes ago, Tomorrow's Newspaper said:

they stall at around 160-165.  Best to wrap it in butcher paper at that point which will help it break through the stall.  Butcher paper is better than aluminum foil as it lets it breath and the bark wont get soft. I always start mine the night before and set an alarm to check it a couple of times.  Id rather have it done too soon then have to crank it up.  If it id done early you can wrap it in towels and put it in an ice chest.  will stay hot for 4-6 hours like that if you dont open the ice chest until ready to cut.

What temp did you start at?  Im still experimenting on on cooking temps.  The meat wont take on smoke after a couple of hours so it is ok to raise temp.  Always start low (225-245).  Im thinking im going to stay at 245 for this entire cook after 2-3 hours at 225

Thanks pal.. good advice. I’m going to do 250 I think, found a new recipe and I can also toss some wings on there as well for a couple hours for an appetizer. I used foil last time and I also tried injecting a bunch of liquid as well. Going to try the butchers paper this time.  Do they sell that at the store or do I need to ask my butcher for some?

2 hours ago, Hoops said:

Thanks pal.. good advice. I’m going to do 250 I think, found a new recipe and I can also toss some wings on there as well for a couple hours for an appetizer. I used foil last time and I also tried injecting a bunch of liquid as well. Going to try the butchers paper this time.  Do they sell that at the store or do I need to ask my butcher for some?

I ordered a roll on amazon

2 hours ago, Hoops said:

if you like the smoke, go 235 or 235 for the first couple of hours.  You'll get a real nice smoke ring.   Also if your flat starts to dry out as it is much thinner, you can spray a mixture of 1/2 Apple Cider Vinegar and 1/2 water.  It will help keep it from burning and drying out.

Also did wings a few weeks back and everyone loved them.   I was surprised as I like fried wings but these were just as good if not better

52 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

your in attack mode lately. are you slipping into the upper middle class or something

maybe some chinese chemical shrooms fuked you up. serious here 

dont believe him King.  BLM Joey just mad that he doesnt have a poverty smoker to cook his own meat and as to suffer eating 5 star restaurants every day.

Easiest way to explain it is that its hard to go from caviar and Lobster and then be happy with PBJ sammies.  He is ruined.

2 minutes ago, Tomorrow's Newspaper said:

dont believe him King.  BLM Joey just mad that he doesnt have a poverty smoker to cook his own meat and as to suffer eating 5 star restaurants every day.

Easiest way to explain it is that its hard to go from caviar and Lobster and then be happy with PBJ sammies.  He is ruined.

i made my bed as a clown and i have to lie in it. cant pretend to be someone else im a troll punk so nobody feels bad for me. and it was worth it im not just saying that. it was fun this internet forum stuff might have kept me alive 

5 hours ago, Tomorrow's Newspaper said:

if you like the smoke, go 235 or 235 for the first couple of hours.  You'll get a real nice smoke ring.   Also if your flat starts to dry out as it is much thinner, you can spray a mixture of 1/2 Apple Cider Vinegar and 1/2 water.  It will help keep it from burning and drying out.

Also did wings a few weeks back and everyone loved them.   I was surprised as I like fried wings but these were just as good if not better

Thanks for the spritz tip, almost forgot about that and yes, smoked wings with some good sauce actually have better flavor than regular bar wings and I love wings