OK ..........110 degrees MINIMUM in Vegas next MINIMUM 12 days

FISHHEAD

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, mikeman said:

You really dont believe that 100, even 105 in low humidity is way better than 85-90 and humid?

Try it once, you'll see.

I’m not saying that at all.  I said WVU claiming it’s too hot to be outside in Vegas summer heat was ridiculous as all of these professional golfers need to live in a state where they can play and practice every day as much as possible.  If Vegas or FL were truly that unbearably hot where they couldn’t play and practice like they need to then none of them would live there.

Just now, Gmcarroll33 said:

I’m not saying that at all.  I said WVU claiming it’s too hot to be outside in Vegas summer heat was ridiculous as all of these professional golfers need to live in a state where they can play and practice every day as much as possible.  If Vegas or FL were truly that hot then none of them would live there.

Ok, never mind, of course it's not too hot, it's not that hot in the mornings, you can use a cart, and pro's play really fast when they practice since they dont spend all their tie chasing balls left and right down the fairway.

9 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

I don’t know why WVU would think a ton of PGA players would choose to live in a place where it’s just too hot to practice and play golf year round when that’s their job.

I can tell who really plays golf in this thread.

9 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

I’m not saying that at all.  I said WVU claiming it’s too hot to be outside in Vegas summer heat was ridiculous as all of these professional golfers need to live in a state where they can play and practice every day as much as possible.  If Vegas or FL were truly that unbearably hot where they couldn’t play and practice like they need to then none of them would live there.

They live there so they can golf in the Winter, not Summer.  You must be just playing dumb.

1 hour ago, WVU said:

They live there so they can golf in the Winter, not Summer.  You must be just playing dumb.

You really think that PGA tour players that live in NV, AZ, or even TX dont practice/play during the summer? Because it's too hot?

You may be able to tell who golfs and who doesn't, but we can tell who's never been to/golfed a hot but low humidity climate.

20 minutes ago, mikeman said:

You really think that PGA tour players that live in NV, AZ, or even TX dont practice/play during the summer? Because it's too hot?

You may be able to tell who golfs and who doesn't, but we can tell who's never been to/golfed a hot but low humidity climate.

I golf twice weekly in this shit.  But no one else does.  Certainly no real pros.  They don’t stay in hot climates when they have choices which they do.  They are touring not home playing in 110 ovens.

4 minutes ago, WVU said:

I golf twice weekly in this shit.  But no one else does.  Certainly no real pros.  They don’t stay in hot climates when they have choices which they do.  They are touring not home playing in 110 ovens.

Golf in florida is unpleasant in the summer, golf in AZ or NV is not as bad, that's what this is all about.  Your refusal to accept a simple truth.

You will sweat far more in miami during a round of golf than you will in phoenix at 105 with low humidity. By the way, the SW has their monsoon season in late summer, where the winds bring humid air from the gulf of CA/south, during that it is miserable, which highlights how nice it is otherwise. I think it typically only lasts for a month or so.

some ppl here in the villages who really like to golf year round have AC in their carts

that just tells you how fuking sh1tty it is here. and that AC is more for the humidity. also i saw an old guy passed out on the golf course here during the summer once. the ppl behind him rolled him into the shade and then continued to play 

3 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Golf in florida is unpleasant in the summer, golf in AZ or NV is not as bad, that's what this is all about.  Your refusal to accept a simple truth.

You will sweat far more in miami during a round of golf than you will in phoenix at 105 with low humidity. By the way, the SW has their monsoon season in late summer, where the winds bring humid air from the gulf of CA/south, during that it is miserable, which highlights how nice it is otherwise. I think it typically only lasts for a month or so.

I’ve golfed Vegas in the Summer.  It’s not a popular event at all.  Once Fish got too old to play 18 in the heat they lost 25% of their summer clientele 

3 hours ago, WVU said:

Lol I hope you’re trolling.  Every professional golfer lives where they can play year round.  If you think Xander, Morikawa, Kitayama etc are all just sitting at home chilling in Vegas this week vs practicing then you’re out of your mind.

GA is probably too hot and humid for you too to play in.  Stewart Cink is out there every day of his life from cold to oppressive heat playing when he’s not in a tournament.  My brother sees him quite regularly.

8 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Lol I hope you’re trolling.  Every professional golfer lives where they can play year round.  If you think Xander, Morikawa, Kitayama etc are all just sitting at home chilling in Vegas this week vs practicing then you’re out of your mind.

GA is probably too hot and humid for you too to play in.  Stewart Cink is out there every day of his life from cold to oppressive heat playing when he’s not in a tournament.  My brother sees him quite regularly.

Not to mention pro's go out early so they can practice without interruptions as well as effecting other players. Tiger always went out first thing in the morning when it got light, weather is the least of their concerns.

As far as vegas golf goes, I would imagine lots of people feel the way WVU does, they get psyched out by the heat numbers and therefore dont even bother to bring their clubs.

18 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

lol.  bullshit.  

27 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

EXCELLENT GOLF WEATHER here 7am-2pm in the summer..............for many, 2pm-5pm is not an issue either.

3 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

EXCELLENT GOLF WEATHER here 7am-2pm in the summer..............for many, 2pm-5pm is not an issue either.

WVU has no idea what he's talking about.  Kitayama grew up in Vegas.  Brooks in West Palm Beach.  Neither was a high school kid that was trying to become a professional golfer sitting in the house all summer during July-August bc it was just too hot.  This is one of the more misguided arguments imaginable.

6 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

WVU has no idea what he's talking about.  Kitayama grew up in Vegas.  Brooks in West Palm Beach.  Neither was a high school kid that was trying to become a professional golfer sitting in the house all summer during July-August bc it was just too hot.  This is one of the more misguided arguments imaginable.

Go play 18 holes and get back to me, pal

5 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Tell it to my brother.  He was out on the 4th of July in a 2 player scramble event playing 18 and finished in the afternoon.  It was hot and muggy that day too.

I'm telling you.  Stop living through your brother.

Just now, WVU said:

I'm telling you.  Stop living through your brother.

Awww cute insult bro.  Lol so my dad at 72 cuts grass all throughout the summer for work and has for the last 20 years.  My brother plays golf in it every weekend.  I fish, go for an hour walk at 1pm up and down hills most days in the midst of it being as hot as possible, and am outside as much as possible, yet according to you it's just too hot to be outside.  I take it you're not from originally from the south?  This is just normal life here dude.  Perhaps you should have chosen to settle elsewhere if it's so bad.

3 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Awww cute insult bro.  Lol so my dad at 72 cuts grass all throughout the summer for work and has for the last 20 years.  My brother plays golf in it every weekend.  I fish, go for an hour walk at 1pm up and down hills most days in the midst of it being as hot as possible, and am outside as much as possible, yet according to you it's just too hot to be outside.  I take it you're not from originally from the south?  This is just normal life here dude.  Perhaps you should have chosen to settle elsewhere if it's so bad.

This post was about playing GOLF in extreme heat.  Try to stay on topic

3 minutes ago, WVU said:

This post was about playing GOLF in extreme heat.  Try to stay on topic

Yes clearly playing golf is tougher than cutting grass and weed eating for hours in the same weather.  And clearly professional golfers choose to live in states where they can't practice for months out of the year because it's too oppressively hot.  That makes a lot a sense.

21 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Yes clearly playing golf is tougher than cutting grass and weed eating for hours in the same weather.  And clearly professional golfers choose to live in states where they can't practice for months out of the year because it's too oppressively hot.  That makes a lot a sense.

How many days of the year do you think average PGA pros sleep in their own bed at home?  They tour all Summer, pal.

Just now, WVU said:

How many days of the year do you think average PGA pros sleep in their own bed at home?  You really are dumber than I thought

Back at you dude.  Again if you think Xander, Collin, Kitayama, Brooks, and all of the rest of the guys that live in Vegas and FL are just sitting at home round now chillin vs out practicing golf like it's their fucking job then you take the cake on stupidity, and prove that you're just a pussy that should have settled in Canada.