Just had a storm blow through

mikeman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, PatrickBateman said:

Old neighbor of mine was cutting down a tree last year. Fell the wrong way and landed on him. He fell backwards and cracked his head on the sidewalk.

He's among the departed...

My last neighbor fell off his roof and paralyzed himself.  His life changed in an instant 

5 minutes ago, WVU said:

My last neighbor fell off his roof and paralyzed himself.  His life changed in an instant 

That leap of faith where you officially step over the top of the ladder and onto the roof never gets easy.  Once up there I’m fine, but taking them step over the top always makes me freeze up.

3 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

That leap of faith where you officially step over the top of the ladder and onto the roof never gets easy.  Once up there I’m fine, but taking them step over the top always makes me freeze up.

I hear ya.  My roof was 20 feet high too.  I bellied over the ladder getting up there.  The neighbors roof wasn’t that high.  He must have fallen weird 

On 7/20/2023 at 7:17 PM, mikeman said:

He's helping to cut it up and he said he'd help haul it away on Sat - he's got a pickup. We'll see how it goes.

Here's the situation, I didn't mention that my neighbor was black(because I'm not racist in any way). So he said he'd help haul all the branches and wood away on sat(he has a pickup), I quote him... " I gots ya, we'll head out first thing sat as soon as the compost place opens." The compost place opens at 9 am so I call him up at 8:30 and ask if he's ready to make a compost run, he says "I think I'll spend some family time today, but we have sunday". I say ok, thanks.

Anyway, I cleaned almost everything up, got rid of all the branches, etc, made several runs with my car packed full.

I knew that Fucking negro's word wasn't worth shit but I still had a glimmer of hope because there's always the chance that one of them in 1000  was decent. I was wrong.

The day after his tree fell he did show up and helped cut things up, the hints were all there, even though he had a much better chain saw than me he mostly talked about chain sawing instead of actually doing it, for instance he'd cut half way though a log but then never finish it, then one of his friends showed up and he said he was going to take a break, said he'd bring me back a beer...and he never came back.

The bottom line is I'm glad he's a worthless black piece of shit, if he was a decent guy it would have thrown my whole world view into flux.

my parents who have black renters in a nice new hampshire town pay 1800 a month. the going rate is 2600 for that place and she could easily get 3000 cause NH has a major housing shortage

they dont mow and it looks fuking terrible to the entire neighborhood. they dont maintain anything and they shovel an 8 inch path to walk to their 60k cars in the winter. and they know they are getting 800 a month for free basically. my mother is a wimp sometimes 

1 hour ago, KingKolzig said:

question here

this about 2000 lb tree i posted here is just dangling. the medium size tractor i use doesnt just rip it out. if i tied a chain and pulled it out with my accord would that have more power than a tractor?

I hope you're kidding? NO