I kinda got scammed

mikeman

Here's the story, have you guys seen the online ads for postage stamps? They're on facebook and they pop up on other sites selling "forever" stamps for far less than the current 66 cents.

So I'm running low on stamps( I only use a few/yr other than christmas cards), I see an ad and check it out - 100 forever stamps for $29.99 and think hmmm, how can they do that? The site appears to be legit, they have an address in nashville. looks good, they guarantee they are legitimate, etc.

As you guys know I'm kinda thrifty so I decide to order a booklet(100 stamps) I ordered this.

image.thumb.png.80f8c59f9a27c52bedbb5f3c269fb419.png

I should have done it before but after I ordered them and paid for them through pay pal, I decided to google this kind of thing. Apparently it's a scam and they're counterfeit. I looked up the address the co claimed and it was a bar in nashville. Then I got the notification from pay pal and the product I bought was listed as " patriotic yankee doodle stickers" and the co i bought it from was totally different. It was linked to a co in china and after checking out their website they make adhesive stickers.

So a company in china is counterfeiting postage stamps and they're being sold on online ads on facebook, etc.

After about a week they came in the mail - they look exactly like the stamps I purchased, they appear legit, a very good counterfeit.

After further checking it appears counterfeit stamps are a big problem for the postal service and they no longer return mail for proper postage, etc, they just toss it out. So how can I trust these stamps, I might mail them out and they'll never make it to where I sent.

So I complained to pay pal and got the charges reversed, now I'm out no money and still have the stamps, should I use them?

USPS Fights Counterfeit Postage

USPS is fighting back against counterfeit postage. With new changes to the Domestic Mail Manual, items mailed with counterfeit postage will be considered abandoned and are subject to being opened and disposed of at the Postal Service's discretion. Make sure your postage is legitimate and always purchase from USPS or an authorized retailer.

https://www.uspis.gov/news/scam-article/counterfeit-stamps

4 minutes ago, El Chapo2017 said:

USPS is fighting back against counterfeit postage. With new changes to the Domestic Mail Manual, items mailed with counterfeit postage will be considered abandoned and are subject to being opened and disposed of at the Postal Service's discretion. Make sure your postage is legitimate and always purchase from USPS or an authorized retailer.

Yup, and most of the stamps I send out are on things like my property taxes and rebates, i cant risk having them trashed unless I'm sure they'll go through. I'll try jimmy's idea.

1 hour ago, El Chapo2017 said:

I wouldn't expect any other statement. 

1 hour ago, mikeman said:

Supposedly all stamps have some kind of flourescent ink that glows under a ultraviolet light, I think in more than 1 way, on the ad for these they just happened to mention they do glow.

Mike use the stamps they will work just fine. I would not even worry. 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

As a former federal employee I can assure you that the post office is made up of the highest percentage of absolute morons in all of federal service.

Not just that. Nobody nobody now days gives shit anymore about anything a specially post office employee about a fake stamp, people simply don't care.