Spirit Airlines...

PatrickBateman

I dont understand their business model, I've flown with them a couple times, I paid next to nothing, like $40-50 for a 1 way to/from vegas. And that price included the fees and taxes that were maybe $20. WTF is that, you cant make money doing that.

Terrible conditions too, shitty seats, they wont even give you a free pop, lots of coons on board, I'm willing to punish myself for 3 hrs to save money but holy cow, what an awful  airline.

I bought in at 6.25.  I know a guy who bought in at $6 for a million.  He cleared a million betting on save on the last run up.  Spirit is acting like the merger will go through.  Who knows.  Maybe modified a bit.

Quote from a spirit guy:

They are doing a streamlining of everything. They will make it is what I hear. But the engine Pratt & wittney issue on their new planes the Airbus 320 Neo is really hurting them. And others with the same engine. They found dust particles in the metal in some engine parts so they have to all be inspected and replaced where necessary. A low cost airline do not have lot of margins so every plane has to be in the air “all the time”

it’s a gamble.  But I’m in 

13 minutes ago, WVU said:

Quote from a spirit guy:

They are doing a streamlining of everything. They will make it is what I hear. But the engine Pratt & wittney issue on their new planes the Airbus 320 Neo is really hurting them. And others with the same engine. They found dust particles in the metal in some engine parts so they have to all be inspected and replaced where necessary. A low cost airline do not have lot of margins so every plane has to be in the air “all the time”

Same. 

On 1/19/2024 at 11:38 AM, WVU said:

Quote from a spirit guy:

Up 25% right now but next week is going to be brutal.

1 hour ago, PatrickBateman said:

Up 25% right now but next week is going to be brutal.

IMO buying their stock is a good but risky bet, I've been burned on co's that go bankrupt many times so i wouldn't touch it, prob a 20% chance they go under.

Remember, going under does not mean they go out of business, they'll declare bankruptcy and then be aquired, with the shareholders getting nothing,

23 minutes ago, mikeman said:

IMO buying their stock is a good but risky bet, I've been burned on co's that go bankrupt many times so i wouldn't touch it, prob a 20% chance they go under.

Remember, going under does not mean they go out of business, they'll declare bankruptcy and then be aquired, with the shareholders getting nothing,

The stock market is going to get kicked in the nuts over the next month...

1 hour ago, mikeman said:

I bought both Kodak and Polaroid on their way down.

Everyone said Kodak was worth $10 per share just based on their patents alone. I bought it at $6 and watched it go to zero. 

After bankruptcy I think I got an $11.50 check.  Very similar experience with Polaroid...

Never try to catch a falling knife is what I learned.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I bought both Kodak and Polaroid on their way down.

Everyone said Kodak was worth $10 per share just based on their patents alone. I bought it at $6 and watched it go to zero. 

After bankruptcy I think I got an $11.50 check.  Very similar experience with Polaroid...

Never try to catch a falling knife is what I learned.

The Jetblue merger may still happen.

• 3 months later...