Just had a tree cut down

mikeman

I have a fairly large Ash tree that's dying of the ash borer disease(every ash that hasn't been treated is dying), the neighbors had a crew out there cutting their tree down so I wandered out and asked if they wanted a small side job.

The guy said sure and I told him there were 4 branches pretty high up and wanted them to lop them off(I'd clean it up), I showed him what I wanted and asked how much. he said he'd drop the whole tree for $100.

I was stunned, I was willing to pay maybe $200 just for the branches since they're too dangerous for me with my cheap electric saw that I'd have to climb with a ladder and then stretch out.  When he finished I told him $100 wasn't enough and gave them $150.

I know for a fact other neighbors are paying $1500-2,000 to have trees cut down, today's my lucky day men. :yay

tree 002.jpg

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I'm pretty good with a chainsaw and don't mind felling trees.

But it's the cleanup afterwards that I'm willing to pay for...

I have a buddy that'll take the wood to burn, the branches I take out in the back of by toyota.

branches 002.jpg

47 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I'm pretty good with a chainsaw and don't mind felling trees.

But it's the cleanup afterwards that I'm willing to pay for...

Our neighbor gladly takes care of the cleanup. He has a wood stove in his garage so works great for everyone! 

36 minutes ago, Blondie said:

Our neighbor gladly takes care of the cleanup. He has a wood stove in his garage so works great for everyone! 

I have mixed feelings about wood stoves.

Messy, drafts, maintenance, etc. I wouldn't have one personally but your arrangement is perfect!

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I have mixed feelings about wood stoves.

Messy, drafts, maintenance, etc. I wouldn't have one personally but your arrangement is perfect!

Every so often we get the lovely wood stove smell and the free cleanup without all of the above!