Anyone else get notice about windows 10

TNVOLFAN

I have the icon on some of my computers. it was popup notification in the system bar released in one of the Microsoft updates for windows 7 back in April. This is their new marketing strategy. I don't like to upgrade OS simply because drivers and programs fuck up. I will try to avoid installing the new OS if at all possible but they might just hide the windows 10 upgrade in some of the updates they release anyway.

I thought I had a virus. I only looked into this for a few minutes, but this turned me off. Of course I don't know dick about computers, so it may be false.

I have windows8.1. it is not too bad with classic shell however it is designed so that you have to have an account with microsoft to log in. this can be gotten around and a local account can be made. from what i have been reading about windows10 there is not way of getting around that so microsoft will be monitoring everything that is done on windows 10. Also I just read how with the free version updates are automatic and there is no way to opt out of the updates. So now Microsoft has full control over computers that are foolish enough to upgrade.

yes i noticed it today

wtf is it?

Microsoft is offering a free upgrade for windows 7 and 8 users to windows 10. I like my windows7 just fine think I will just keep it unless 10 has some

big advantage & I can't find where it does. I also read if you do the free upgrade it is only good for a year.

they are. nothing.

if your WIN version is on this chart, then you should be getting a notification

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...ndows-8-2015-6

There was a WIN update right around the 14th of May called KB3035583.

The update was marked "Recommended" for some machines, meaning it was automatically downloaded and installed where Windows Update had been left with its default settings intact. On most PCs, however, the update was optional.

KB3035583 was not pushed to devices running Windows 7 Enterprise or Windows 8.1 Enterprise, the versions used by large organizations and companies. The nag icon and screens will also not appear on Professional or Pro editions when they have been joined to a corporate network.

That update installed a WIN app called "Get Windows 10"...When Microsoft flipped the Get Windows 10 switch today, a small Windows logo icon appeared in the notification section of the task bar -- at the bottom right of the screen... clicking the icon launches the Get Windows 10 app.

Check if you got that KB3035583 update installed on your machine before you do anything else.

Microsoft is offering a free upgrade for windows 7 and 8 users to windows 10. I like my windows7 just fine think I will just keep it unless 10 has some

big advantage & I can't find where it does. I also read if you do the free upgrade it is only good for a year.

When the free upgrade arrives, users will have one year -- until July 29, 2016 -- to grab it. It's good forever after you reserved your copy.

As far as the upgrade goes...Win10 offers a much better security...it's faster and a much better system all around.

If you're just a regular user, the only two things that I'll be worrying about when looking for an update of this kind:

1. Is my box powerful enough to run this shit? (Check min. system requirements for Win10)

2. Is the stuff that I'm running on my machine compatible with Win10? (Check manufacturer websites for each application, that you want to keep, to see if you can run your current version on Win10--they should have something about it on their website by now)

good luck!:cigar

just did a manual update, still nothing, no clue, im comfy with win7 and backtrack 5

i dont want to leave win7

Unless you have a bootlegged copy of Win7, I don't see how you can miss this update.

Do a search for GWX.exe...if it finds it, look at the timestamp - it should be either today or mid May. Run it and see what happens.

If it doesn't find it - you're missing the update.