Anyone else get notice about windows 10

TNVOLFAN

Got it on mine too...release date will be July 29. But oddly, the free download won't be fully-featured: Some stuff, such as the new Edge browser, will be missing or incomplete, relying on future updates to round them out. It also won't support phones yet. It's free (so long as you update within a year).

Got it on mine too...release date will be July 29. But oddly' date=' the free download won't be fully-featured: Some stuff, such as the new Edge browser, will be missing or incomplete, relying on future updates to round them out. It also won't support phones yet. It's [i']free[/i] (so long as you update within a year).

this is all business as usual Mikey - big software companies do this ish all the time

the new OS is being released just in time for computer manufactures to have enough time to load it up on the brand new hardware and start selling it before the new school year

later updates will take care of the missing bits and bug fixes

• 1 month later...

Got it on mine too...release date will be July 29. But oddly, the free download won't be fully-featured: Some stuff, such as the new Edge browser, will be missing or incomplete, relying on future updates to round them out. It also won't support phones yet. It's free (so long as you update within a year).

Yea I think it will be better to wait....................

Windows 10 is finally out — kind of. Microsoft initially promised that everyone could take advantage of the free upgrade offer on July 29, but you may have to wait a while before Microsoft offers the upgrade to your PC.

We recommend holding off on Windows 10, at least for a little while. Wait and see how stable Windows 10 is on other people’s PCs before you make the leap. That’s how Microsoft itself is choosing to roll out Windows 10, too.

Do you have to wait for a notification??  I see where my free update is reserved but I can find anything to click on to start the download :scratch

ever since I reserved it, there was a Windows icon on the bottom right

I clicked it yesterday and it started downloading

yeah I did see that yesterday when I was reading about windows 10

it said not everyone gets it immediately

I wonder how they decided which people would get it right away

and what's the point of waves if you can just download it from the MS site?

i reserved right away when got icon, showed up yesterday around 1 pm, give it a try, fuk that 8 bullshit

lol, they sent an e-mail this morning

When will my free upgrade arrive?

You’ve already reserved, so your free upgrade is on the way. This is the largest software upgrade event ever and we’re managing it so everyone has a great experience.

Your notification to upgrade could come as soon as a few days or in a few weeks.

In the meantime, you can always check your upgrade status in the Get Windows 10 app. Find the app by clicking on the Windows icon on your task bar.