Golden Knights trade for Flames’ Noah Hanifin in massive deadline deal !!

FISHHEAD

WOW

VGK get HERTL, kid has great game, always a menace vs VGK

--------------------------------------

Tomas Hertl was traded to the Vegas Golden Knights by the San Jose Sharks on Friday for forward David Edstrom and a first-round pick in the 2025 NHL Draft.

Third-round picks in 2025 and the 2027 NHL Draft were also sent to Vegas.

"My comments to Tomas were ‘Tomas, if you play as good with us, as you did against us, we’ll be happy," Golden Knights general manager Kelly McCrimmon said. "He’s been a player that we had a tremendous regard for because he’s in the division. You know him because he’s a person who was a part of what was a tremendous rivalry (between the Golden Knights and Sharks). He’s going to be a really good fit for us."

The Sharks announced Feb. 12 that the 30-year-old center would be out after deciding to have surgery to clean out loose cartilage in his left knee. He has not played since San Jose's 5-2 loss to the Buffalo Sabres on Jan. 27.

"A lot of mixed emotions," Sharks coach David Quinn said. "For him personally, I'm excited for him to have a chance to win a Stanley Cup. But sorry to see him go. I've only been here for two years, but he's a great player and a better person. It's going to hurt.