Your 2024 ACC Champions

Gmcarroll33

Tar motha fuckin Heels!

I miss Caleb but this team has shaped up nicely.  First team I’ve seen since Dean’s days that were defensive beasts.  Nobody is on Houston’s level but this team takes total pride in shutting their man down.  All starts with Ingram and Bacot.  Wouldn’t be remotely shocked at an early March exit either.

image.thumb.jpeg.5af4f43e24675a0fe81853102ebda934.jpeg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#55 is the transfer of the year.  Team takes on his energy and leadership.  Ingram is a total workhorse.  Averages 11 rebounds per game in conference play and isn’t all that tall.  Changes jerseys at the half bc his first one is drenched in sweat from d’ing up.  He’s exactly what you want on your team.

Cadeau still needs to calm down and can’t shoot for shit, but is coming along nicely.

image.jpeg.ea2933d661cfb18da07b41424c8bdc57.jpeg

7 minutes ago, rdalert447 said:

Congrats! Tough squad.

Tough is what Houston and their defense did to Kansas today.  Indiana must feel silly still reaching for 30+ straight years when they had the perfect coach in Sampson.  Meanwhile he has Houston as a yearly natty contender.

UNC is historically just way more athletic than the opponents and will absolutely blitzkrieg you on offense.  This defensive approach is appreciated, but I bow to what Sampson is doing at Houston.

Par for the course for a dook player.  At this point I can't even remember who and when, but they're always full of a bunch of little bitches doing cheap shot dirty stuff and crying when they hurt their selves like Filipowski did when he tried tripping a WF fan (what a stupid last name).

Well done Coach Davis.  I had heavy doubts after last season, but this is his first team since he took over that is really all his doings and it's worked out pretty good.  This was a make or break year for the fans.  Like Layne Staley said, no excuses.

You know what, fuck FH's attempt to slobber all over an Iowa based conference and shove it to the top of the page in copycat mode, when he claims he doesn't even like college bball (massive character flaw).

Here is your 2024 ACC Conference Tournament schedule. 

Tuesday, March 12
First Round
2 p.m. – No. 12 Notre Dame vs. No. 13 Georgia Tech (ACC Network)
4:30 p.m. – No. 10 NC State vs. No. 15 Louisville (ACC Network)
7 p.m. – No. 11 Boston College vs. No. 14 Miami (ACC Network)

Wednesday, March 13
Second Round
Noon – No. 8 Virginia Tech vs. No. 9 Florida State (ESPN/ESPN2)
2:30 p.m. – No. 5 Wake Forest vs. Notre Dame-Georgia Tech winner (ESPN)
7 p.m. – No. 7 Syracuse vs. NC State-Louisville winner (ESPN2)
9:30 p.m. – No. 6 Clemson vs. Boston College-Miami winner (ESPN2/ESPNU)

Thursday, March 14
Quarterfinals
Noon – No. 1 North Carolina vs. Wednesday Noon winner (ESPN/ESPN2)
2:30 p.m. – No. 4 Pitt vs. Wednesday 2:30 p.m. winner (ESPN/ESPN2)
7 p.m. – No. 2 Duke vs. Wednesday 7 p.m. winner (ESPN/ESPN2)
9:30 p.m. – No. 3 Virginia vs. Wednesday 9:30 p.m. winner (ESPN/ESPN2)

Friday, March 15
Semifinals
7 p.m. – Thursday afternoon winners (ESPN/ESPN2)
9:30 p.m. – Thursday evening winners (ESPN/ESPN2)

Saturday, March 16
Championship
8:30 p.m. – Semifinal winners (ESPN)

46 minutes ago, Professor said:

What exactly did they win? A meaningless regular season title?

That’s a season’s worth of quality bball being appreciated.  True that it all comes down to what happens in MM though.

My thread reigns supreme over FH tarding it up creating the same for Drake.

12 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

That’s a season’s worth of quality bball being appreciated.  True that it all comes down to what happens in MM though.

My thread reigns supreme over FH tarding it up creating the same for Drake.

I beg to differ! Great season by the bulldogs! Well deserved recognition 

3 minutes ago, Professor said:

I beg to differ! Great season by the bulldogs! Well deserved recognition 

You can just take that sort of nonsense to the MVC thread.  This is a homer UNC thread for a team that has had a solid season (winning the regular season is only solid at UNC) and will be respected accordingly.  Rdalert was able to do so.  You’re up.

1 hour ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

You can just take that sort of nonsense to the MVC thread.  This is a homer UNC thread for a team that has had a solid season (winning the regular season is only solid at UNC) and will be respected accordingly.  Rdalert was able to do so.  You’re up.

Lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Whew onto the S16.  Hardest #1 vs 2nd round opponent by far.  MSU’s best punch to start as the preseason #1 had me worried if this team was going out early.  Absolutely destroyed after that.  Izzo remains defeated vs UNC in the NCAA Tourney.

If Bama is anything like they were vs CoC than good lord we’re in a world of shit.  They looked like 1991 UNLV.  Cadeau is so useless at shooting and Sears will destroy him.  If they get past them, ohhhh boyyyy what I always thought was gonna happen from day 1 will happen.  UNC vs Zona and Caleb is gonna be one of the highest rated E8 matches in years.