Your 2024 ACC Champions

Gmcarroll33

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

They still suck.  I've been completely unimpressed with them all season.  Houston should absolutely roll them, but I guess that's why the roll the ball out.

If they call it tight like last night, Duke wins.  If TAMU made their FTs, they win.  I really wanted to play the Aggies vs Duke.

23 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

If they call it tight like last night, Duke wins.  If TAMU made their FTs, they win.  I really wanted to play the Aggies vs Duke.

I dunno know about that.  Our defense is pretty legit for the first time since Dean, but Houston is an extra gear of defense.  Never once did I think dook was ever in the driver's seat to win during the 2 games this season.  They looked completely outclassed.  I think they get punked with ease.

Our match up with Bama is not ideal either.  Cadeau can't shoot for shit, and that's not going to cut it vs that Bama offense.  I mean we're most likely losing to Caleb and Zona anyways but I at least want to see it happen.  Plus Bama and most SEC schools not named Kentucky or Florida have no business in the 2nd weekend of MM.

25 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

I dunno know about that.  Our defense is pretty legit for the first time since Dean, but Houston is an extra gear of defense.  Never once did I think dook was ever in the driver's seat to win during the 2 games this season.  They looked completely outclassed.  I think they get punked with ease.

Our match up with Bama is not ideal either.  Cadeau can't shoot for shit, and that's not going to cut it vs that Bama offense.  I mean we're most likely losing to Caleb and Zona anyways but I at least want to see it happen.  Plus Bama and most SEC schools not named Kentucky or Florida have no business in the 2nd weekend of MM.

I meant if TAMU hit their FT’s last night, they would have beat Houston.  

13 minutes ago, PatrickBateman said:

For all of the garbage people talk about Duke, that team is rolling right now.

Meh losers of 3 out of 6 coming in is hardly rolling.  They did look good vs Vermont and JMU, but I'm not getting blown away by them looking good vs those two (although JMU hadn't lost since January so maybe they deserve some credit for that).

Arizona rolls Clemson double digits 

Clemson beat New Mexico, who shoots the ball as well as Rutgers does. And Baylor missed a whole bunch of WIDE OPEN threes in that game. Their D was really not that good. 

Can obviously see PJ Hall sitting a lot with foul trouble, and the white forward on Clemson is matched up with more skilled/athletic version of himself, Keshad Johnson. Even if the two good guards cancel each other out, too much talent for Clemson to try and muck pace. 

7 minutes ago, Shavencoinpurse said:

Hubert Davis should be crucified over his decision to give major minutes to Wojcik instead of Trimble and Cudeau just because Bama was letting those guys shoot 3s. That was terrible. I'm not sure either of those guys stepped on the court in the 2nd half

I’m furious over that exactly.  Wokcik hadn’t played any significant minutes minus a tiny stretch at Clemson since January.  He brought worse defense, worse athleticism, and the same offense.  Wtf was he doing playing all the minutes under 10 I’ll never know.  He’s a freakin Brown transfer for God’s sake.  Maybe they fought at the half and Hubert benched them.  Fuck it’s pathetic to know your team was so much better but your coach just handed it to them by being an idiot.

And for all the UNC Caleb haters that ran him out of town, yeah he went down shooting tonight, but he sure could have been used tonight with a competent lineup vs last year’s mess.  RJ was pathetic and shot exactly like him.