Anyone take statins?

mikeman

3 minutes ago, mikeman said:

By the way, my young female Dr, prob low 30's at the most - she was the only person I saw in the clinic wearing a mask, the receptionists, nurses, tech who took my blood, none had masks on, but the dr did. That bothered me.

ZERO SHOT AT HEAD, SAD

2 hours ago, FISHHEAD said:

Fish oil

Garlic

Oats

Great Advice!!

Stay away from statins especially Lipitor.

Years ago my great aunt a nurse taught a lot of us family what meds to take from docs and ones to avoid.

Those statins cause horrible muscle and bone pain as one of many side effects and my rental manager went from a big 260 pound woman to a 120 pound skeleton within a year on Lipitor and i begged her to change meds until she FINALLY got on Lovaza which is a pharma fish oil.

As for myself they gave me Lipitor years ago and i threw it in the trash and started on a Fish Oil,Magnesium for my cholesterol

To this day there are certain meds like blood pressure,diabetic,etc that are effective and fine to use the only thing is the pharma giants all hate vitamins,supplements and a lot of vitamins,supplements are huge help for many different ailments

link between cholesterol and heart health way over exaggerated via the faulty Farmington study. big pharma exploited for huge gains

and now soy boys line up and say ",yes please because who knows?"... hey a doctor would never lead us astray right?

soy boys on mind control exercises and drugs we are doomed 

10 minutes ago, rdalert447 said:

I’ve been on Atorvistatin for about two years. Minor aches, nothing significant. Got my cholesterol right in order. That and the magic Metamucil/flaxseed drink in the morning.

Some say the whole cholesterol thing is a scam. Who knows?

What was your cholesterol level before and after you took them? What kind of improvement we talking about.

5 minutes ago, rdalert447 said:

240-ish. Now I’m usually down in the mid 170’s-180’s

240 is a tad high, but my readings the last 2 years have been 203 and 193, which is why I think I dont need it. Like I said earlier, this dr is just going by their drug metric, I think she'd recommend statins if I was 170 or even less.

22 minutes ago, mikeman said:

240 is a tad high, but my readings the last 2 years have been 203 and 193, which is why I think I dont need it. Like I said earlier, this dr is just going by their drug metric, I think she'd recommend statins if I was 170 or even less.

I got the 240 down with diet and Metamucil/flaxseed. But then I kind of plateaued, so went on the statin.

16 hours ago, mikeman said:

By the way, my young female Dr, prob low 30's at the most - she was the only person I saw in the clinic wearing a mask, the receptionists, nurses, tech who took my blood, none had masks on, but the dr did. That bothered me.

It wasn’t a DEI dr from Somalia was it?

59 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

It wasn’t a DEI dr from Somalia was it?

No, she's a young skinny white gal, actually seems nice, but the mask was a turn off. I was supposedly there for a physical but they dont really do them anymore - she talked for like 15 min trying to convince me to start the statins, change various parts of my lifestyle, get vaccines - then she had me hop up on the table and with my shirt on pretended to listen to my heart with the stethoscope for maybe 15 seconds, then she had me go ahh for at most 1/2 second - it was all for show.

All they really care about is what their computer programs tell them...get various shots, get procedures, and get labeled for various ailments so they can prescribe lifetime drugs.  For instance I'm labeled pre diabetic even though my A1C is 5.5  and has been that way for years.(one time it was 5.7

i told her I had gout last summer and she talked about daily meds(that  brock takes), I said it only seems to happen every year to a yr and a half, dont think I'm ready for that - I didn't mention that I took my cats medicine.

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

No, she's a young skinny white gal, actually seems nice, but the mask was a turn off. I was supposedly there for a physical but they dont really do them anymore - she talked for like 15 min trying to convince me to start the statins, change various parts of my lifestyle, get vaccines - then she had me hop up on the table and with my shirt on pretended to listen to my heart with the stethoscope for maybe 15 seconds, then she had me go ahh for at most 1/2 second - it was all for show.

All they really care about is what their computer programs tell them...get various shots, get procedures, and get labeled for various ailments so they can prescribe lifetime drugs.  For instance I'm labeled pre diabetic even though my A1C is 5.5  and has been that way for years.(one time it was 5.7

i told her I had gout last summer and she talked about daily meds(that  brock takes), I said it only seems to happen every year to a yr and a half, dont think I'm ready for that - I didn't mention that I took my cats medicine.

They've had me down as pre-diabetic for 10 years.

Joke.

18 hours ago, rdalert447 said:

I’ve been on Atorvistatin for about two years. Minor aches, nothing significant. Got my cholesterol right in order. That and the magic Metamucil/flaxseed drink in the morning.

Some say the whole cholesterol thing is a scam. Who knows?

also been taking for about 2 years no side effects same with my cholesterol right where should be...

Got home from the bar to a message from the dr, she said my test results were good but she still recommends I go on the statins, said my family history and "high normal" LDL indicates it - my LDL numbers have been well under high normal for at least the last 2 years - the top of normal is like 130 and I'm at 119. As I said earlier no matter what my reading is she was going to say take them.

I'll toss the bottle in the cabinet with the rest of the RX's I didn't take or never used up.

• 2 weeks later...