Crying CBB coaches

sleepy

2 hours ago, mikeman said:

Yea, it's total bullshit that they just missed being in the top 66 teams or whatever that gets in(including play in games) , they was robbed. :lol

st johns is 25th in the kenpom rankings, why should the 25th best team in the country not get into a tournament with 68 teams?

The new normal

College sports continues to suck more and more every year

St. John’s, Pittsburgh, Memphis, Ole Miss, Indiana and Oklahoma decided not to participate in the NIT after missing out on the field of 68 for the Big Dance.

11 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

st johns is 25th in the kenpom rankings, why should the 25th best team in the country not get into a tournament with 68 teams?

Who is kenpom and why would his ratings mean jack shit? looks like they lost 13 games, maybe if they only lost 11 or 12 they would have got in?

1 hour ago, mikeman said:

Who is kenpom and why would his ratings mean jack shit? looks like they lost 13 games, maybe if they only lost 11 or 12 they would have got in?

wow

yes they would've gotten in with 1 fewer loss... which rankings do you want to use if you're not using kenpom?  their NCAA net ranking is 32

52 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

wow

yes they would've gotten in with 1 fewer loss... which rankings do you want to use if you're not using kenpom?  their NCAA net ranking is 32

Looks like providence(in the same conference) had the same record and they didn't get in either - are they whining too? By the way - look at Depaul, didn't they used to be good? They should get in too because they used to be a "name" team.

image.png.14379d4c7fb489ae43b7c07f4b92fdf8.png

mikeman, i feel like one of those 4 teams from the big east should've gotten in

no reason to get ridiculous like saying depaul at 0-20 should be crying, and thinking nobody has a legitimate gripe.  stjohn's and seton hall were ranked a lot higher than a bunch of teams that got in.

i would definitely want a coach that said we should've made the tournament (apparently a crybaby) over one that didn't fight

13 hours ago, sleepy said:

crying rick

if you guys would just watch that video instead of arguing (and crying about crying!!??) you would know who kenpom is, and you would see that pitino wasn't complaining or crying one bit

i don't like pitino but there is nothing to see in that clip other than class

18 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

if you guys would just watch that video instead of arguing (and crying about crying!!??) you would know who kenpom is, and you would see that pitino wasn't complaining or crying one bit

I cared and commented on the NCAA  football playoff ratings where Fl State was denied entry for several factors, since only 4 got in it was a legitimate discussion. I just dont think any coach has the right to even open his mouth and complain that his team should have been ranked 62 instead of being left out of the top 64.

I couldn't care less about an argument like that - play better, lose less, that'll get you in. I'm thrilled that you think Pitino whined like a little bitch in the most classy way possible.

Pitino bragged that he's tried to do things the right way, hmmm, maybe declaring that he wont accept an offer from the NIT is not doing things the right way? They DID NOT make the tournament but they're too good for the NIT - ok champ, whatever floats your boat.

19 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

"i respect the committee for what they do"  "we'll take it very positively like men and move forward"

where in that was the whining like a little bitch

He threw out stat after stat to show that his team should have made it, then he whined that he "does things the right way" and bragged that he schedules "good teams"  - do you get extra credit for that?

i dont know what you define as whining but to me virtually every word was.  Now if he picked his schedule apart and pointed out 2-3 losses to bad teams they should have beat(perhaps with blown leads, etc) and lamented that those caused them to miss the tourney, I would have been impressed.

1 hour ago, milwaukee mike said:

He did say they will handle the decision like men.  Real men don’t quit on the season.

one of those BE teams probably deserved it over Mich St though.