This technology is getting out of hand

mikeman

I switched garbage providers a couple months back(got a good deal, roughly 1/2 price of what I was paying) - anyway I went to the webpage of waste management and they have a video of my garbage bag going into the garbage truck. I'm going to have to be more careful when I sneak shit in there.

https://truckimages.wm.com/smarttruckallevents/AWTI_VIN_2024_04_02_18_07_50_340069_c5_4670c5d6-4607-4888-8894-750442318b68.mp4

Just now, FISHHEAD said:

Move to IOWA

You're not supposed to put yard waste in there, I often put in small twigs/branches that come down, etc, now I'm gonna have to break them real little and put them in a tightly sealed sack.

I know my old service fined me one time for that, something like $20.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I throw EVERYTHING in the trash.

Batteries, recyclables, yard waste, motor oil, animal remains...

You name it, I trash it.

Exactly, but now I''ve gotta be careful, fuckers are making my blissful retired life a living hell.

Well, maybe not a living hell...but close. :mutley

12 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Exactly, but now I''ve gotta be careful, fuckers are making my blissful retired life a living hell.

Well, maybe not a living hell...but close. :mutley

Then adapt you must!

Get some Hefty Bags and throw your old Sears Die Hard batteries and other assorted toxic waste in them.

1 hour ago, mikeman said:

I switched garbage providers a couple months back(got a good deal, roughly 1/2 price of what I was paying) - anyway I went to the webpage of waste management and they have a video of my garbage bag going into the garbage truck. I'm going to have to be more careful when I sneak shit in there.

https://truckimages.wm.com/smarttruckallevents/AWTI_VIN_2024_04_02_18_07_50_340069_c5_4670c5d6-4607-4888-8894-750442318b68.mp4

You have option to pick your garbage provider?

11 minutes ago, Professor said:

You have option to pick your garbage provider?

Yup, many cities have only one provider, some dont, I have 4-5 to pick from. garbage collection is way up, my old co upped it to $51/month - which is crazy - $13/week to pick up my lousy 1 bag of trash. Waste mgmt is $25 something.

2 hours ago, PatrickBateman said:

No garbage or recycling pickup where I live. Have to haul it to the dump instead.

We have this option and trash service option. Saturday morning trips to the dump you will see lines of trucks waiting to get in. 

8 hours ago, PatrickBateman said:

Not here. Never waited on line. Far less people.

Most of the farmers use the dump instead of trash service. There's usually a line so much so Girl and Boy Scouts will sell their various items at the dump and usually sell out. 

Our dump is paid for with tax dollars so "free" to all county residents. 

1 minute ago, Blondie said:

Most of the farmers use the dump instead of trash service. There's usually a line so much so Girl and Boy Scouts will sell their various items at the dump and usually sell out. 

Our dump is paid for with tax dollars so "free" to all county residents. 

You guys have it good, not only do we have to pay for garbage but there are all kinds of rules as to what you can put in, such as no yard waste, no electronics, no oil. then we have recycling which is free except they charge $100 on my property taxes.

I rarely recycle, everything goes into the trash except perhaps cardboard, that's only because I cant fit it all in the can sometimes.

10 minutes ago, mikeman said:

You guys have it good, not only do we have to pay for garbage but there are all kinds of rules as to what you can put in, such as no yard waste, no electronics, no oil. then we have recycling which is free except they charge $100 on my property taxes.

I rarely recycle, everything goes into the trash except perhaps cardboard, that's only because I cant fit it all in the can sometimes.

We really do! We use to have recycling, but people screwed it up. They put the wrong items in the containers and it was costing the county money. 

We have a separate facility for yard waste open every weekend in spring and fall and a couple times a month the rest of the yard waste season. It's free to county residents as well. 

If you want curb pickup you pay for that, but the dump is part of the highway department's budget. Both the city and county do electronic recycling a couple times a year. Large appliances etc have their own section at the dump. The rest goes in several dumpsters where you pull up unload your shit into them and then leave. 

8 minutes ago, Blondie said:

We really do! We use to have recycling, but people screwed it up. They put the wrong items in the containers and it was costing the county money. 

We have a separate facility for yard waste open every weekend in spring and fall and a couple times a month the rest of the yard waste season. It's free to county residents as well. 

If you want curb pickup you pay for that, but the dump is part of the highway department's budget. Both the city and county do electronic recycling a couple times a year. Large appliances etc have their own section at the dump. The rest goes in several dumpsters where you pull up unload your shit into them and then leave. 

You ready for the eclipse blondie? I'm heading out to arkansas on sunday morning, right now the forecast is 50/50 clouds, although the forecast is getting better every day.

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

You ready for the eclipse blondie? I'm heading out to Arkansas on Sunday morning, right now the forecast is 50/50 clouds, although the forecast is getting better every day.

We set up Sunday, other than that I have everything done I can do. We are now in one of the few areas that are supposedly going to be completely clear so we are trying to plan for extras. 

Just today we had a school from Chicago say they are bringing classes down to our town and I believe they will either be at the fairgrounds with us or at the high school with the Chemistry teacher. 

You are still welcome to come this way! 

6 minutes ago, Blondie said:

We set up Sunday, other than that I have everything done I can do. We are now in one of the few areas that are supposedly going to be completely clear so we are trying to plan for extras. 

Just today we had a school from Chicago say they are bringing classes down to our town and I believe they will either be at the fairgrounds with us or at the high school with the Chemistry teacher. 

You are still welcome to come this way! 

Thanks but I'm all booked up, gonna be living it up in Joplin Mo on sunday, night.

On 4/4/2024 at 3:42 PM, mikeman said:

My property taxes are $2,500 a year.