Where were you 30 years ago today (4/5/1994)

Brock Landers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Just look at the difference 3 years made.  From rocking out with a cigarette, hands exposed, and then on the unplugged Layne had to wear gloves to hide all of the needle marks and shot up like 10 minutes before walking out.

Going all the way back to the nineties i have always stood firm on my feelings regarding Alice In Chains as i felt like they were a hundred times better than Nirvana and way more talented as well.

The media overexposed the hell out of Nirvana and the critics kissed their ass hailing Cobain the leader and spokesman of a generation which was pure horseshit.

Alice In Chains music was awesome and although both bands had around the same amount of recorded material the fact remains that AIC is simply better

On 4/5/2024 at 10:59 AM, FairWarning said:

Grunge bands should never do unplugged shows.  It was huge, but not my cup of tea.

Same here....

Alice In Chains and Pantera were the two new bands in that time frame that i really liked.

The 90's grunge thing as a whole was kinda boring and when you compare that to the bigger bands from the 1980's like Van Halen the stuff from the prior decade was way more enjoyable not only musically but in concert as well.

3 minutes ago, Mike75 said:

Going all the way back to the nineties i have always stood firm on my feelings regarding Alice In Chains as i felt like they were a hundred times better than Nirvana and way more talented as well.

The media overexposed the hell out of Nirvana and the critics kissed their ass hailing Cobain the leader and spokesman of a generation which was pure horseshit.

Alice In Chains music was awesome and although both bands had around the same amount of recorded material the fact remains that AIC is simply better

I had a buddy that did a grunge tour in Seattle last year and specifically asked the guide about that.  Basically he laughed and said nobody holds a candle to AIC from that area and that they were by far the most talented and greatest to ever come out of there.  I used to claim GNR as my fav but their music hasn't really held up well IMO.  AIC is next level awesome even to this day.  The realest shit you can ever listen to IMO.  Nutshell was like somebody writing their own funeral song.

Nirvana was "ok" at best.  I'm glad they existed as I'd rather have their music than not have it, but AIC was another level awesome.

1 minute ago, Mike75 said:

Same here....

Alice In Chains and Pantera were the two new bands in that time frame that i really liked.

The 90's grunge thing as a whole was kinda boring and when you compare that to the bigger bands from the 1980's like Van Halen the stuff from the prior decade was way more enjoyable not only musically but in concert as well.

RIP Dimebag.  I have no idea how Phil was able to sing like that for so long.