Most watched basketball game in 5 years

FISHHEAD

This may ruffle some feathers….
So I want to first go on record as saying I am a huge fan of this game, and the players that make this game fun to watch.
For me personally…
That’s college athletes.
Today the best TEAM won…
Hands down, without a doubt.
South Carolina has a team of incredibly talented players…who are literal trees. One of which was a 6’7 female that dominates the inside game.
And obviously their 1 loss in two seasons, and being one of the first teams in history to go undefeated and win the national championship should speak to the talent that Dawn Staley has recruited and coached.
She is such a class act…
And they deserved this win today 💯%.
Listening to her post game interview, and watching her raw emotion, had me in tears.
However, all the crazy backlash about Caitlin Clark is mind blowing to me…
From everything I’ve seen, basically because she’s white, and straight.
No, she didn’t lead her team to a national championship title…but she did lead them to the finals 2 years in a row. A place that I’m certain they would have never been had it not been for her.
In fact…of the two times that Iowa has even EVER been to the championship game, she was leading the charge.
She has been loyal to her teammates, loyal to her coach…and loyal to her state.
She could have absolutely gone into the transfer portal and impacted any organization…made it all about her talent…and made great teams even better…but she stuck with her roots.
Although her team didn’t win the title…
She single-handedly changed the game of women’s sports…and drew more attention to female athletes as a whole.
She broke the record for all time points scored in the history of men and women’s D1 NCAA basketball…has achieved more 30 point games in 25 years in both the men and women’s division…set the record for 3 pointers in a single season by both men and women…is the FIRST D1 women’s player to score over 1,000 points in 2 different seasons…surpassed Diana Taurasi for the most 3 pointers in NCAA tournament history…scored the most points in a single quarter in a championship game than anyone in NCAA history…
Led the women’s NCAA league in assists…
And literally helped blow viewership out of the water for women’s sports.
And those aren’t even a fraction of the stats surrounding her.
So for anyone who’s out there making some sort of stance that the only reason she’s getting the attention and hype that she has, because she’s white…that’s unfortunate and sad for females as a whole.
Because what she has done for WOMEN’S sports is unprecedented…bottom line.
I don’t care what race she is, or what preferences she has in a relationship…as a woman, she has made history, and deserves all the attention she’s been given.
To make this anything to do with her race is taking away from the fact that a woman is making sports history.
And to say that because she doesn’t have a ring has anything to do with her talent…is asinine.
Today…the best team won…
Against a team who had one dominant player…
Who BTW, made history, had 18 points in the first quarter against a team who has lost 1 game in 2 seasons…
And is rated #1 defensively in NCAA women’s basketball.
So regardless of race…
Let’s just celebrate what this incredibly talented athlete has done for WOMEN’S sports…
And for all the little girls who hope to see themselves on that stage someday.
In my opinion, this 23-24 USC team should go down in the books as possibly the best women’s team in NCAA history…but numbers don’t lie….so Caitlin Clark should also be seen as a legend, an icon, and a someone who proved to all female athletes around the world what’s possible. ❤️

Rough look when you're 83 and attempting to troll a six man forum with women's sports because you can't keep up with and know nothing about men's basketball. Carry on though,and don't forget to consider others before leaving the house, check that diaper.