**$500 million in haiti relief funds has resulted in a total of 6 homes being built

milwaukee mike

I havent read the link yet, and I didnt personally donate to this cause (i prefer donating to something where i see the impact being made) but wouldnt a lot of the money gone to things other than building houses? Like shipping food, supplies and other relief items to haiti? Does the article go into EXACTLY where all the money went or just pick an obscure thing like homes built and assume the rest was wasted?

I havent read the link yet' date=' and I didnt personally donate to this cause (i prefer donating to something where i see the impact being made) but wouldnt a lot of the money gone to things other than building houses? Like shipping food, supplies and other relief items to haiti? Does the article go into EXACTLY where all the money went or just pick an obscure thing like homes built and assume the rest was wasted?[/quote']

nobody knows exactly where the money goes, that's the problem... american red cross says they take 10% for administration, then next subcontractor (crony) takes 26%, etc etc

as an accountant it's always disturbing that nobody is held accountable or gets audited.

the head person quit and the haitian president said the red cross lied about helping people, those are red flags big enough to warrant some investigation

nobody knows exactly where the money goes, that's the problem... american red cross says they take 10% for administration, then next subcontractor (crony) takes 26%, etc etc

as an accountant it's always disturbing that nobody is held accountable or gets audited.

the head person quit and the haitian president said the red cross lied about helping people, those are red flags big enough to warrant some investigation

[h=2]Income Statement (FYE 06/2014)[/h] [TABLE=border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 2]

[TR]

[TD]REVENUE[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Contributions[/TD]

[TD=align: right] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Contributions, Gifts & Grants[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$607,173,932[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Federated Campaigns[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$103,739,515[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Membership Dues[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$0[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Fundraising Events[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$23,722,145[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Related Organizations[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Government Grants[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$53,590,606[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Total Contributions[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$788,226,198[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Program Service Revenue[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$2,019,244,653[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Total Primary Revenue[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$2,807,470,851[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Other Revenue[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$166,662,985[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]TOTAL REVENUE[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$2,974,133,836[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]EXPENSES [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Program Expenses[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$2,754,650,090[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Administrative Expenses[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$109,354,268[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] Fundraising Expenses[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$183,222,849[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]TOTAL FUNCTIONAL EXPENSES[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$3,047,227,207[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Payments to Affiliates[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Excess (or Deficit) for the year[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$-73,093,371[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Net Assets[/TD]

[TD=align: right]$1,960,758,478

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

that "income statement" just shows that money came in and went out.

where were the over $400 million in haiti program expenses spent? all they give is a line item, i want to see who got how much for housing, etc.

american red cross can give a guy a $100 million grant to build 6 houses and not even break down what he spent it on

We demand full disclosure. Isn't it law?

the nonprofit just has to list their big expenses... nothing further than "$100 million to wvu for haiti fishing training"... and then you have your own nonprofit where you pay yourself $2 million, each of your 10 best buddies another $2 million, and then you list "78 million to milwaukee mike to teach haitians how to gamble"... etc etc