The 50k Thread *NSFW*

Deemer

1 minute ago, mike499 said:

Need some help Miley. Looking to get some antidepressants how do I get the ball rolling? Do I ask my doctor do I need to find a psychiatrist are there things to not ask. Need a hand here pal

over the counter

5-htp with dinner. thank me later

5 minutes ago, mike499 said:

Need some help Miley. Looking to get some antidepressants how do I get the ball rolling? Do I ask my doctor do I need to find a psychiatrist are there things to not ask. Need a hand here pal

Just book an appointment with a primary care doc and they'll probably start you off with some SSRIs unless you ask for something more specific.  I highly doubt you'll be referred to a psychiatrist unless the initial treatment(s) don't work.  Good luck!

25 minutes ago, Miley Cyrus said:

Just book an appointment with a primary care doc and they'll probably start you off with some SSRIs unless you ask for something more specific.  I highly doubt you'll be referred to a psychiatrist unless the initial treatment(s) don't work.  Good luck!

Confirmed.

I told my primary I was struggling with some a-hole co-workers and it was starting to affect my home life.

He put me on a low dose of Lexapro (SSRI) and it smoothed out my road very effectively. 

9 minutes ago, Miley Cyrus said:

Lexapro is an essential part of my medication "cocktail". 

It's magic.

Some people have to try many meds to get it right. We tried Wellbutrin first and all that did was give me insomnia. The next one was Lexapro and it was perfect. 

From choppy seas to smooth sailing...

2 hours ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

It's magic.

Some people have to try many meds to get it right. We tried Wellbutrin first and all that did was give me insomnia. The next one was Lexapro and it was perfect. 

From choppy seas to smooth sailing...

Wellbutrin NOT recommended for those with seizure disorders.