OT: Prepping for a disaster.

spankie

Anyone do this shit?

My mom is turning into one of those paranoid prepper people, she has bought like 5k worth of supplies in the past 3 months.

She says the US economy is going to collapse and we're all going to become slaves. :scratch

I said where are you going to store all of your supplies and how are you going to carry it all? She doesn't know.

I think it's a good thing to be prepared but idk.. If you are really going to survive some sort of crazy shit you're going to need primitive survival skills. Having a 2 year supply of food is going to be a target for thieves and people wanting your food. Probably be better off if you could just go out into the woods and snare some squirrels and rabbits. I wouldn't want to have a big cache of shit if something went down.

Not sure what to think.

I am not prepared for any sort of disaster. I have a fire starter and a flash light. :btj

Anyone do this shit?

. Probably be better off if you could just go out into the woods and snare some squirrels and rabbits. I wouldn't want to have a big cache of shit if something went down.

Remember you will have to fight off others who have no food and want to live off the land. In Alabama, expect to be shot on sight in this senario if you are on some one else's hunting land. Five hundred pound bags of rice and 100# of beans with a sun oven is a better idea. Bags can be buried if various spots to be less of a target.

• 9 months later...