SportsOptions.com & CRlines.com Present: The TGF Football Post-up Contest [Over $12K in the pot]

KingRevolver

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heres an idea.

And damn. I'm gonna tell ya in advance that its a Brilliant One.

You know how a very very few times in your Life you'll wake up and the very first thing that comes to mind is a briiliant idea out of nowhere?

Well, thats what happened here. Thats how Nuclear Fission got invented, how that guy "figured out" the Earth wasn't round, how Gravity got discovered (Dude hit in head by falling apple, while he was taking a nap beneath a tree) and its how Man discovered Fire though that one....Man got awoken by his hut being on Fire so technically it don't fit The System but...this will Change The Game, give this Contest an unique Identity and over time contribute to this Contest having a great shot at becomein the Premier Buy In Contest on the whole Internet...

Mostly what will contribute to that though is the Lineup of players...this being "Murderer's Row" as Kinger so eloquently put it...forgive me if I leave names off that should be on but this is just off the top of my head...yisman, Kinger, WVU, Deemer, Smoke, mofome, Milwaukee Mike, PO69, boatx3, tryx3...the list goes on...

This idea could increase SignUps to the max possible, which is the goal of the idea, so that it can become that Biggest Buy In NFL Contest on the Net maybe even....very Best Case scenario mind you The LVH SuperContest of The Internet...(I know LVH will go "online" at some point...just sayin' at the least this idea could make this Contest bigger...immediately + give it that Unique identity...)...

Bottom Line is that A chance needs to exist to Market this Contest because of The Field that has materialized.

This Contest has a Field assembled that Guys would want to battle because if one can win here, against this collection of the Premier NFL and NCAA CyberCappers they can win anywhere. So this Contest has that Unique thing in it's favor. Also the fact that NFL + NCAA Sides and Totals are open for play.

(There needed to be "the Backstory"...so the idea could be properly framed...I know guys are saying WTF already damn whats the $&^%%^ idea you git)

Lets Delay the start of picking until Week #2 of NFL assemble an army and promote this thing everywhere, all Forums. What Forums would not allow a post about it? Delayed start = it don't impede on potential signups to their Contests. 2nd Week Start = better for the contest cuz makes it the Shrewd Capping Contest it is in that Week One is for observation.

I know a Downside is the loss of TWO WEEKS of NCAAF with this plan but it may be worth it for the chance of another 50 Signups (Pie In The Sky, maybe yes but....maybe not) plus Massive Benefit of having TWO WEEKS to "Observe" NCAAF...figure out who these teams are...

make Contest run Week 2 thru whatever ya'll are doing now Week 17 of NFL, Week 18 NFL and include NCAAF that remains after that and let us assemble that Army to go our and make this known...see what we can do....promote this as The Ultimate Heavyweight Brawl that it is.

The Male Ego is an Impulse Buyer if ever theres been one.

MoneylineDog, I like the way you think. Welcome to the forum and the contest.

Not in yet but I expect to be. -EV for me vs. this crowd but thats the whole point really, to battle the best. I believe if we had a week to promote this, frame it as the Ultimate Heavyweight Battle that it has shaped up to be...we might do some damage to the Prize Pool, maybe even blow that UP (increase it a whole lot along with traffic to the site), multiply the happiness of the very generous sponsors and slap this down as The Premier NFL Contest online in regards to the level of competition thus the PRESTIGE that would come with winning this thiing.

Bit Late to accomplish that this year, all THAT PR lol and maybe its all a Pipe Dream cuz other forums would not allow mention of it so I may be off base in that regard.

Not in yet but I expect to be. -EV for me vs. this crowd but thats the whole point really, to battle the best. I believe if we had a week to promote this, frame it as the Ultimate Heavyweight Battle that it has shaped up to be...we might do some damage to the Prize Pool, maybe even blow that UP (increase it a whole lot along with traffic to the site), multiply the happiness of the very generous sponsors and slap this down as The Premier NFL Contest online in regards to the level of competition thus the PRESTIGE that would come with winning this thiing.

Bit Late to accomplish that this year, all THAT PR lol and maybe its all a Pipe Dream cuz other forums would not allow mention of it so I may be off base in that regard.

it ain't -EV for anyone with 5k added to the pot

You are correct, I did not read it correctly. Well you could add $20,000 to the pool and it wont be +EV for a lot of posters. It wouldn't even be +EV for me at that point, but I have some money to burn.  Hey you guys are stealing from 5dimes here!! They are out $250 because of this contest.

Anyway, the LAST THING that I want is more posters signing up!!!! I wish that it was just deemer and I and I would be a favorite to win it then!!  With WVU, trytrytry and yisman in the mix, I have no chance. I had better get a thank you card from those 3 guys. Most of my plays will be the NFL since I do better in the NFL each year compared to NCAA

No you don't get it!!!

My point was that some guys wouldn't have a chance at beating WVU and trytrytry in this contest even if they had tomorrow's newspaper. The amount of money added doesn't matter if you cant win

Last year if I'm not mistaken Queen WVU wasn't even putting his picks in.