SportsOptions.com & CRlines.com Present: The TGF Football Post-up Contest [Over $12K in the pot]

KingRevolver

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Offense for the most part should be good this year. They are stacked on the OL and should be good their for the next couple of seasons. They still have MAS to rely on in the running game and with the O-line he has this season, should put up a career year. Going to be tough to replace McBride and Ballard at receiver, but Dedmon did show a lot of promise last season as the #3 receiver. Important for W&M to find a quality 2nd and 3rd receiver so teams don't double Dedmon. Cluley seemed to improve game by game last season and should be better this season.

Defense might have some trouble, particularly the D-line. They lost 3/4 starters and it will be tough to replace the relentless pressure Reilly caused on opposing offenses. Luckily they still have Rhodes and Houston-Carson and an experienced secondary. That being said, won't matter how experienced the secondary is if the D-line gets no pressure/can't stop the run.

They have a really tough 6 games in 7 weeks part of the schedule. @UVA, Stony Brook (underrated team), @Delaware, @Nova, NH, Hampton (only easy game), & JMU. Survive that part of the schedule (4-3 or better; might be able to get away with 3-4 if they win the rest) and they should make the playoffs. Also hurts that their bye is the 2nd week of the season.

The Oline just needs a bit more fortune in the health department. I believe I've mentioned to you that my uncle played LB there and calls the plays for the Tribe, perhaps, if you're going to make it to any games this year, we can enjoy a W and talk shop with coach Rogers, hell of a lot of good stories he's got. I'm excited for the season, he's excited about the QBs he's brought in. I think a playoff birth is well within reach, the Villanova fumbles last year were crushing.

Go Tribe

The Oline just needs a bit more fortune in the health department. I believe I've mentioned to you that my uncle played LB there and calls the plays for the Tribe, perhaps, if you're going to make it to any games this year, we can enjoy a W and talk shop with coach Rogers, hell of a lot of good stories he's got. I'm excited for the season, he's excited about the QBs he's brought in. I think a playoff birth is well within reach, the Villanova fumbles last year were crushing.

Go Tribe

Usually make it down for homecoming every year (although I didn't make it last year). I am only about an hour away from Williamsburg so it isn't too far out of the way for me. Usually it is just a matter of persuading my friends from W&M to make the trip down.

The Oline has enough depth to survive 1 or 2 injuries. I would be more concerned with injuries along the defense, as depth is a bigger issue there.

I didn't know your uncle was Kevin Rogers. That is pretty cool. Hopefully he can get good QB play from Cluley this year (it has been nonexistant since RJ was at qb) and allow him to open the playbook up more.

I don't really know much of the QBs outside of Cluley and Mosley, but hopefully we can find one that can allow me to relive the Lang Campbell days again

Go Tribe

Also, if you have any interest in the FCS preview by Phil Steele, just let me know. I saved the online version as .pdf so i could email it out to friends.

Oh he loves the QBs, he loves the freshman battle and the kid who was injured a year ago, his name escapes me. I only reference Oline health bc last year he said they had to practice with a TE at tackle bc of all of the injuries. As a Vol fan I want to get to meet Saboor and see what he has to say about Dobbs, they went to HS together. My uncle played there under Bobby Ross and Lou holtz. Holtz made the "in-home" recruiting visit which is pretty cool and Bobby Ross said Kevin played one of the best games he's ever been a part of when W&M played UNC. His resume is obviously littered with big names he's coached and lots of records he's set, so it makes recruiting a little easier when he's so close with QBs like faves, mcnabb and the entire Vick family. But, unlike even Notre Dame, the players have to do so much in the classroom, it's no joke going to WM, as you know -- and he loves those kids and being home. He is the best story teller ever and he's been around a lot -- if WM loses, run for the hills, but if they win you'll be in for an evening to remember.

I'd love to read the fcs preview, thank you!

[email protected]

Oh he loves the QBs, he loves the freshman battle and the kid who was injured a year ago, his name escapes me. I only reference Oline health bc last year he said they had to practice with a TE at tackle bc of all of the injuries. As a Vol fan I want to get to meet Saboor and see what he has to say about Dobbs, they went to HS together. My uncle played there under Bobby Ross and Lou holtz. Holtz made the "in-home" recruiting visit which is pretty cool and Bobby Ross said Kevin played one of the best games he's ever been a part of when W&M played UNC. His resume is obviously littered with big names he's coached and lots of records he's set, so it makes recruiting a little easier when he's so close with QBs like faves, mcnabb and the entire Vick family. But, unlike even Notre Dame, the players have to do so much in the classroom, it's no joke going to WM, as you know -- and he loves those kids and being home. He is the best story teller ever and he's been around a lot -- if WM loses, run for the hills, but if they win you'll be in for an evening to remember.

I'd love to read the fcs preview, thank you!

[email protected]

Going to be sent over several emails since each email can only hold 25mb on attachments. Broke up each piece into 20 page segments. W&M is on page 81