Has anyone tried FanDuel?

KingRevolver

This will be my 2nd football season playing at fanduel although I have most of my money at Draftkings and 247Drafts. The UIGEA has an exemption for Fantasy sports that makes them legal as long as they follow a few basic guidelines. The NFL lobbied hard for the exemption because of the popularity of fantasy football. Lots of money involved in fantasy football.

Fanduel is getting huge. They just secured $70 million in investments and funding this year. Draftkings received $41 million in funding this year. Those 2 are the giants in the industry with no other company anywhere close.

The fantasy sites are more gangster than the sports books. Say you play a $20 50/50 contest, where you double your $20 if you finish in the top half. You're not really doubling anything. Buy in is $22. There's a $2 no-risk rake. It's poker with football cards.

I play for baseball, because essentially if you can devote a little time to looking at dailybaseballdata line-ups or whatever you can put a competitive team together. It's minor league gambling. Something the casual guy can talk about in front of his neighbors without feeling weird

The fantasy sites are more gangster than the sports books. Say you play a $20 50/50 contest, where you double your $20 if you finish in the top half. You're not really doubling anything. Buy in is $22. There's a $2 no-risk rake. It's poker with football cards.

I play for baseball, because essentially if you can devote a little time to looking at dailybaseballdata line-ups or whatever you can put a competitive team together. It's minor league gambling. Something the casual guy can talk about in front of his neighbors without feeling weird

They also heavily advertise a 100% sign up bonus. The only problem is a 25 times rollover the last I checked.

I prefer Draftkings for what it's worth. I like the fact that your players aren't locked in until their game goes off. Fanduel's line ups lock when the first game goes off and cannot be altered. I like the line up construction for NBA and NFL better on DK and like Fanduel MLB line ups better.

Fanduel for the most part has sharper values which benefits the hack.....parody.

I opened a Draftkings style Nascar weekly fantasy website on June 9th. Because of the "multiple events" language in the UIGEA I had to add a baseball player to 7 drivers using a salary cap. I run an early week contest from monday to Thursday. I close on fridays. I run a Race day contest on Saturday and Sunday with an updated salary cap.

I'm the only website that offers weekly fantasy Nascar cash contests with a salary cap. You can sign up for free and join the freeroll with no deposit required. We do exclude Arizona along with 7 other states.

I asked permission from Kinger before posting this. I've posted about 4000 Nascar picks on several gambling forums since 2003. Majorwager was my first home.

Stop by and check us out!

http://www.fantasyracinglounge.com/

• 6 months later...
It's a great business model. They get approximately a 10% rake from every contest. No risk involved. It makes no difference who wins or loses they just need heavy volume.

Its not that easy though. As you wrote, they need heave volume. just take the tournaments with guaranteed pricepools. lets say they have a 20 buy in tournament with 100k guaranteed price money, so they need to have at least 5k players in this tournament, otherwise they would lose money. If only 3500 players play, thats only 70k + 7k in rake, so they still would lose about 23k. thats why its very hard for smaller sites to establish them, cause they just cant host this kind of guranteed tournaments that are very appealing to a lot of players. There are a few more sites, not only Draftkings and Fanduel, but those 2 are the biggest. You can check reviews at https://www.fantasysportsdaily.com/reviews-and-promos/