Patriotic gear getting banned everywhere!

Balco

You country would be communist if it wasn't for America ,pal.

Right, keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel good.

Communist threat subsided in 1989, what the fuck are you fighting for now?  Keeping the Bush's crypto-Nazi, big oil, .01%ers making the big bucks?

You dumb-asses are their slaves, and you think it's good.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so it's false because snopes can't find the deleted screenshots lol

here are the mikkelsons (who run snopes and are almost certainly paid by the government to "debunk things" without any investigative background)

I wouldn't trust these weirdos to make me a sandwich properly

Right. You would trust AllenBWest.com, Dally Caller, Fox & Friends & The Blaze instead. Makes perfect sense. Plus the school district actually denied this several times but let's ignore that too.

Open mindedness is one thing. Taking a story that started as an editorial in the student newspaper and running it as if it was gospel is a whole different kettle of fish. Fact checking can be fun.

this doesn't really sound like an editorial, it sounds like the administration

“the administration decided it was best to avoid any possible offensive connotations the theme would have.”

they backtracked under the pressure which is a good thing

I do my own research and come to my own conclusions. just because someone is biased (we all are) doesn't necessarily make their facts right or wrong

open mindedness is a good thing

Right here MM. Regardless of who put out the banned information it hit the news nation wide. Don't believe it would reach this far if it was just a school editorial paper backed by student body. This is happening in other parts of the country. From some reason some people just refuse to believe this could happen in this country. Fact or fiction it hit the news so I threw it out there.

“the administration decided it was best to avoid any possible offensive connotations the theme would have.”

Really Mike?  

Just because someone wrote that "the administration" decided something, doesn't mean they did.  Like I said last night, until I see a credible quote directly from a school admin, the story is baseless.  

Originally the school was afraid things would get out of control since the other school was 40% Latino.

Here’s what really happened: There were a group of Corona students who were purposely trying to antagonize Marcos. Wearing a Trump shirt just to poke at Marcos is offensive. Would it be OK for students to paint their faces black if they were playing a school whose students were primarily African-American?

AZCENTRAL

Saguaro's Byron Murphy motivated by cousins with rare syndrome

Of course not.

Corona’s administration, fearing fan violence, asked students to wear orange, a school color. Principal Brent Brown sent a letter to Corona families that read in part, “We embrace the rivalry between the two schools and want to avoid the disparaging actions that have been tied to it in the past. I am reaching out to ask you for your help in sharing the importance of sportsmanship and representing Corona del Sol High School in a way that makes us all proud.

FIND A GAME: Arizona high school football schedule

“We expect our students to be respectful and we hope you’ll join us in discouraging inappropriate signs, chants or clothing.”

Extra security will be added for tonight's game.

Soon after, the Tempe Union High School District sent out a tweet that said, “Media reports of a ban of colors or flags @ tonight's Corona del Sol vs. Marcos de Niza fball game are FALSE. NO ban. All colors are welcome.”

Really Mike?

Just because someone wrote that "the administration" decided something, doesn't mean they did. Like I said last night, until I see a credible quote directly from a school admin, the story is baseless.

It's all speculation at this point. I'm sure Jesse Waters will go there and get to the bottom of this. Juice Free...