The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

Oh and nice looking streak. Too well done for me but the outside looks great.

Yeah it was more medium well, but was very good. I could tell good difference with the prime marbling. Like we talked about before, I should Cook a little under since I'm adding a lot of heat searing. I kind of like it between medium and medium well though. Only 2nd time I've used for steaks, so still getting the timing down.

The rotisserie? I love that thing. Throw the turkey in there every thanksgiving. Comes out perfect

Sorry meant the Redi Set Go poverty cooking device.

Have one of those ronco rottisseries around here too. Think I used that maybe 2x.

Used to buy crap off late night tv when I was bored. Almost every product is horribly made garbage.

Sorry meant the Redi Set Go poverty cooking device.

Have one of those ronco rottisseries around here too. Think I used that maybe 2x.

Used to buy crap off late night tv when I was bored. Almost every product is horribly made garbage.

Ya out of all the things I bought the rotisserie was the only thing that worked.

:laugh I bought the ear vacuum thing since I clean my ears 10 times a day because of all he dust from work. So figured for 20 bucks it would save me from having to put those drops in once a week and flush it out myself. Fucking thing couldn't suck up lint off my finger.

Ya out of all the things I bought the rotisserie was the only thing that worked.

:laugh I bought the ear vacuum thing since I clean my ears 10 times a day because of all he dust from work. So figured for 20 bucks it would save me from having to put those drops in once a week and flush it out myself. Fucking thing couldn't suck up lint off my finger.

Ear vacuum. Unreal.

Not sure I'd even buy one of those. The Sham-wow was actually decent for washing your car.

Bought a clapper at one point too. Had a huge bedroom at my old place and the light switch was way on the far side of the too, away from the bed. Actually was pretty good for when I was whacked out my skull and too lazy to get up.

Get the Elephant ear washer.

Kind of nice. Just turn the black knob and they all turn and line up kind of like the stripes on flag. The legs fold up and it stores away easy. I've had it awhile but haven't used it. Family got me the pasta roller set for Christmas. One is for the sheets, one cuts spaghetti, the other one fettuccine.

Also got a ravioli press that I want to try out.

I was going to do all of this and practice making it at the first of the year until everything happened with my wife and her situation. Now things are settling back down, I want to cook more. We're kind of like you on giving up on Taco Bell and things. It seems we always regret the shit we eat. Most places we go to anymore has higher prices and lower quality. In my area, we don't have a ton of options or nice restaurants. A couple decent ones, but mostly the run of the mill Subway. McD's, BK, KFC, Taco Bell, etc. I've just found it better to do things at home when time allows. Example is the steaks I posted today. With a coupon I had and special at the Fresh Market, that meal costs just a little more than what it would have to get Arby's for my wife and me. 

Question about the Sous Vide, JD...

I like my steak Medium Rare... so what's that temperate wise?  About 143 degrees?

But, if I cook it with the Sous Vide to 143 degrees, and then take it out to sear it in the cast iron pan... won't that then shoot the degrees up to 160 or something?

So, if I want my steak to be around 143 degrees... shouldn't I take it out at around 130 or something?  :scratch

Didn't get a pic of the sous vide cooker and water, but here were the steaks. Cooked at 143-144 degrees which is between medium and medium well. Finished with seasoning and seared in cast iron skillet. Tasted good and was very tender. 

DSC_0475.jpg

DSC_0501.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0506.jpg

That looks fucking fantastic

That looks fucking fantastic

When sweeper approves the food, you've finally made it. Big things. 

Seriously, thanks everybody for the comments. I bought and made 4 more today for company. No pics of today's meal but it was well received. I'll share my potato recipe later for Spankie. I know he's a red potato fan.