The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

Pies look good. I've never had/made paella. I like that pan you used.

Have a second Sous Vide cooker coming this week. Checked their site and there were no deals going on. I sent message to their support telling them we just got one 2 months ago and asked if there was any chance I could get another discount or promo code for being a return customer so soon. They gave me a $50 instant rebate to use. $129, no tax or shipping. Mom picked up the last one for me for a gift. Which one did your mom go with? It wasn't the Anova one was it? They have great customer service and a good APP to use with the cooker. Saved $100 total on the 2 combined. 

I'm fixing a big dinner this weekend for a belated Father's Day celebration for my wife's dad and needed to cook a few different things at different temps so needed a second one. I'm doing some steaks, but want to do more corn along with it. If you haven't done corn on cob with it yet, it is great. 183 degrees for 35 minutes. Seal corn with butter and maybe a little cilantro if you like it. It's top drawer corn. 

What do you or your mom use to put the cooker in? I had been using a large pot that I cook pasta in, but I just picked up one of these with my poverty contest winnings. It's good for cooking bigger batches of food for crowds. 

71o0_Xp_Ddhw_L_SL1500.jpg

I've enjoyed mine a lot. I've tried a few different things. Chops and corn tops so far. Going to start using it more. We have a few people that helped us out staying with my wife and stuff like after her accident that we want to have over for a nice dinner as a thank you.

I saw those grill mats on TV other day. Work pretty good?

First time I used this one. I've I my ever cooked zucchini at my old lady's house.

Chicken is for salad the next two days. Marinated in a chipolte ancho vinigarette. Will let you know how it came out on the mat tomorrow.

Cut the pepper up and put it on a burger. Was a Hungarian wax pepper from my garden. Was very good. I picked it a week to soon because it was the only one on the plant and I read if you pick then before its ripe more will grow.

Burger from whole foods. 1/2 pounder with onion peppers and cheddar. Was top draw.

First time I used this one. I've I my ever cooked zucchini at my old lady's house.

Chicken is for salad the next two days. Marinated in a chipolte ancho vinigarette. Will let you know how it came out on the mat tomorrow.

Cut the pepper up and put it on a burger. Was a Hungarian wax pepper from my garden. Was very good. I picked it a week to soon because it was the only one on the plant and I read if you pick then before its ripe more will grow.

Burger from whole foods. 1/2 pounder with onion peppers and cheddar. Was top draw.

I usually get the gorgonzola and mushroom burgers there...I'll try the onion, pepper and cheddar next time