The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

I thought so. Usually don't pick up Prime. These were not bad $ though. From Fresh Market. I had $10 off anyway. They'll be getting sous vide treatment tomorrow. Haven't used my cooker in a little while.

I meant to post his before, but last time I did sous vide steaks (they were strips like those) instead of finishing on a cast iron skillet like normal, I heated up one of those stove top grills and hit them quickly on there. Had nice grill marks and they Came out great. In fact, even using a foreman type grill would probably work well.

Post a pick of the final results!

There's a couple butcher shops within a short drive I've been meaning to check out. Seems like their hours are weird and they are closed when I'm thinking of heading that way.

Good butcher shops are underrated. There's a great one by me but usually too lazy and cheap to drive to it. When I do , I'm reminded what a difference there is.

I meant to post his before, but last time I did sous vide steaks (they were strips like those) instead of finishing on a cast iron skillet like normal, I heated up one of those stove top grills and hit them quickly on there. Had nice grill marks and they Came out great. In fact, even using a foreman type grill would probably work well.

I've got a cast iron grill pan. Might try it. I'd thought about putting under broiler to try that. I'm cooking for 4 on Saturday and when I use my cast iron skillet with oil and butter, it gets a little smokey in the house. The broiler might be good alternative. I'm fond of the regular cast iron though. One thing too is do the fat side first in skillet. It'll get some more flavor in the pan for the rest of the sear. I think a lot of people neglect flipping to get the sides.

I've got a cast iron grill pan. Might try it. I'd thought about putting under broiler to try that. I'm cooking for 4 on Saturday and when I use my cast iron skillet with oil and butter, it gets a little smokey in the house. The broiler might be good alternative. I'm fond of the regular cast iron though. One thing too is do the fat side first in skillet. It'll get some more flavor in the pan for the rest of the sear. I think a lot of people neglect flipping to get the sides.

Take em outside on grill in your cast iron skillet

Didn't get a pic of the sous vide cooker and water, but here were the steaks. Cooked at 143-144 degrees which is between medium and medium well. Finished with seasoning and seared in cast iron skillet. Tasted good and was very tender. 

DSC_0475.jpg

DSC_0501.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0506.jpg