The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

19 hours ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

I’m pretty frugal but that’s dangerous, Mike.  Put them in water, if they float you are taking a big risk.

I hard boil eggs occasionally when I want to use them up, I hardly ever get a floater. I'll tell you what,   I'll hard boil the rest of these oct eggs and eat them up, then I can move on to the "fresh" Dec eggs.  Will that make you guys happy?

34 minutes ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

I give up I’m not making ribs until I get a smoker

They are ok but not worth the work 

224FF2B1-1873-4168-804C-52EA3A7946C6.jpeg

Easy trick. Season ribs with salt and pepper. Wrap tight in aluminum foil. Bake at 225 for about an hour and 45 minutes. Fire up the grill to high heat baste and flip every 5 minutes with your favorite BBQ sauce until they get nice an caramelized.  Eat. 

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I'm sure it was trash.

You wouldn't believe the stuff that Veterans hospitals feed their patients...

i dont know about that jim. i was in a hospital in ocala that has mainly vets and the food was pretty good. plus all the soda you can drink from a fountain at any time. snacks any time ect

this place i just went to the food was a total scam. the ceo from the company can basically count on a nice little place in hell for himself. and im not a compainer too much believe it or not. the first thing i got was a ham wrap and i would say it cost the guy .25 but he sold it to the hospital for $3

8 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I like your style KK but I can eat that way for  quite a bit cheaper, of course I dont get EBT.

i dont know the entire bag of kidney beans was $1.42 from walmart. the hamburger was that kind in the tube from some huge company. the rice of course real cheap. only thing that costs was a few strips of bacon to cook with the beans