The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

Very filling! Fucking stuffed!

How do you make your gravy?  I don't make it very often cuz its so bad for you, but I will usually do it up around the holidays.

I start out by cooking about a half a tube of sage Jimmy Dean sausage.  Then add a couple spoon fulls of vegetable shortening.  Let it melt, then sprinkle some flour in and mix.  Then keep adding some milk little by little and reducing it down as I add some salt and pepper.  Reduce down to desired consistency.  You do something similar? 

How do you make your gravy? I don't make it very often cuz its so bad for you, but I will usually do it up around the holidays.

I start out by cooking about a half a tube of sage Jimmy Dean sausage. Then add a couple spoon fulls of vegetable shortening. Let it melt, then sprinkle some flour in and mix. Then keep adding some milk little by little and reducing it down as I add some salt and pepper. Reduce down to desired consistency. You do something similar?

Almost identical...

I cook the whole tube of sausage and if there is not enough grease I'll add a little butter then about 2-3 heaping tablespoons of flour to get my roux going. Then constantly add milk while stirring the whole time, bring to a boil then drop the heat down to low/medium. Add salt and pepper and sausage crumbles. If it gets too thick add a little milk to get to the right consistency.