The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

Yea mortgage, HOA, insurance, utilities. It looks out of whack for Jan since I play most household stuff at the start of the month.

My sister just bought a place in Campbell for like 900k.  Crazy that her mortgage is like $5500 or something like that each month.  They do well though as she is a dental hygienist and he's a financial planner.  

Our house is bigger and nicer than hers.  Ours is 2000sq ft and hers 1700.  Yet we bought ours for $275k and our mortgage is only $1610 per month.  We were fortunate to get in at the market low as far as rates go though.  3.25 fixed for 30 years.  

Its so damn expensive to live in the Bay Area.  I guess there is a reason why your people keep flooding AZ.  

My sister just bought a place in Campbell for like 900k. Crazy that her mortgage is like $5500 or something like that each month. They do well though as she is a dental hygienist and he's a financial planner.

Our house is bigger and nicer than hers. Ours is 2000sq ft and hers 1700. Yet we bought ours for $275 and our mortgage is only $1610 per month. We were fortunate to get in at the market low as far as rates go though. 3.25 fixed for 30 years.

Around where I live, 1700sqft = 1.5m min. It's nuts.

I'm hoping this long going bubble pops the next few years , thus why I'm arming myself with cash. Really want to try to buy a multi unit place so I can retire soon.

I

My sister just bought a place in Campbell for like 900k.  Crazy that her mortgage is like $5500 or something like that each month.  They do well though as she is a dental hygienist and he's a financial planner.  

Our house is bigger and nicer than hers.  Ours is 2000sq ft and hers 1700.  Yet we bought ours for $275k and our mortgage is only $1610 per month.  We were fortunate to get in at the market low as far as rates go though.  3.25 fixed for 30 years.  

Its so damn expensive to live in the Bay Area.  I guess there is a reason why your people keep flooding AZ.  

do a refi for 15 years and save $100k in interest (depending on how many years you are in already).  Our payments went up around $100-150/month and we went from 30 years to 15 years.  Knock 15 years off your loan for $100-200 bucks a month.  No brainer.  

do a refi for 15 years and save $100k in interest (depending on how many years you are in already).  Our payments went up around $100-150/month and we went from 30 years to 15 years.  Knock 15 years off your loan for $100-200 bucks a month.  No brainer.  

Yes.  At some point we will do that.  But at current rates, compared to the fixed 3.25 we got for 30 years, I would have to do the math to see exactly where we would be.  I agree that its a no brainer though.  Goal was to do that after we got our savings accounts and other investments up to where we want them, then refinance to 15.

do a refi for 15 years and save $100k in interest (depending on how many years you are in already). Our payments went up around $100-150/month and we went from 30 years to 15 years. Knock 15 years off your loan for $100-200 bucks a month. No brainer.

I did a mortgage remodification twice. The bank is worried you will refinace at another bank and offer to adjust years and financing. I had a 30yr 5.5. Went to 15yr 4.0. Now a 10 yr 2.9. By the time I'm Sol Dildo's age it will be paid for.

Ask for a remod first.