The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

I’m not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China.

Because a calorie is a thermal unit. Glucose is a chemical. Two different things. Ketosis would be the only reason that a low carb diet would result in less weight gain (or more weight loss) over any higher carb content diet. The calories in carbs aren't the reason one enters a state of ketosis. Glucose is.

You spoke like the body is a 1 speed bike.

X amount of pedals gets you x amount of distance.

The bike has gears. Now you yourself are mentioning various gears the body has. You don’t even agree with yourself.

Of course metabolism is part the process but when you mentioned he could eat all the cupcakes or whatever you showed your cards.

You spoke like the body is a 1 speed bike.

X amount of pedals gets you x amount of distance.

The bike has gears. Now you yourself are mentioning various gears the body has. You don’t even agree with yourself.

Of course metabolism is part the process but when you mentioned he could eat all the cupcakes or whatever you showed your cards.

Yeah. You just don't understand this stuff. Sorry.

Take a collegiate level nutritional science class like I did and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Even if your body is in ketosis, your metabolism isn't going to change that greatly. Will your body burn more fat? Yes. Will the difference be enough to overcome a significant daily caloric surplus? No.

Again, you could eat ANYTHING and if you burn more calories than you take in, you will lose excess weight. It is only EASIER to lose weight while in ketosis because the body's fat burning metabolism is increased. You can STILL gain weight while in ketosis if you are taking in too many calories.

It's not all science. I can eat/exercise exactly the same and lbs will vary based on my thyroid (mine doesnt work and I take synthetic)

That's still science. It's hormonal and affects your metabolism. Pounds also vary with sodium intake and water weight. It's all science. If it wasn't science, the synthetic hormones wouldn't fix it.