The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

You can eat chocolate cupcakes every meal and lose weight as long as you're burning more calories than you take in.

If Teddy only changes his diet and not his drinking or exercise routine, he probably won't lose weight because he's almost certainly not burning enough calories in a day. He would probably just get fatter more slowly.

Why do we even need to go there?

An argument was made for calories in and out with no factors. In and out..plus or minus.

The body's ability to change its processing speed given no consideration.

Why do we need to expand further.

House...yes

Everyone else...no

Because metabolism is a subset of calories out.

Monkey if he's plateaued and stopped gaining weight then changing his diet he'll lose weight. His metabolism may be able to handle his drinking and healthy eating but not unhealthy eating and drinking. Everyone is different

Doubtful that someone who isn't exercising can burn 1500 empty calories a day and stop gaining weight (i.e. plateau).

Doubtful that someone who isn't exercising can burn 1500 empty calories a day and stop gaining weight (i.e. plateau).

I peaked at 200 being a slob and stopped gaining despite drinking beer and eating terrible - probably still had a + metabolism but gave it no chance. Started working out and eating healthy sun-thur and was losing 4-5 pounds a week for A few weeks. Trying to get to 170. But still eat what I want on weekends and drink some beers. Everyone peaks at different weights.

I peaked at 200 being a slob and stopped gaining despite drinking beer and eating terrible - probably still had a + metabolism but gave it no chance. Started working out and eating healthy sun-thur and was losing 4-5 pounds a week for A few weeks. Trying to get to 170. But still eat what I want on weekends and drink some beers. Everyone peaks at different weights.

There is no science to that. If you keep eating more calories than you burn, you're going to continue gaining weight.

I’m slobbing right now. Summer is always bad for me.

Vacations. Too hot out to go out for exercise like I normally do. Etc. Probably backwards for most people. Especially those in cold climates.

There is no science to that. If you keep eating more calories than you burn, you're going to continue gaining weight.

there is science though. Metabolisms can vary drastically person to person. I hear what you're saying but I hadn't gained a pound eating the same diet that raised me from 180 to 200. I understand your point I just am a believer in peak weights with a steady diet/calorie intake.

I’m slobbing right now. Summer is always bad for me.

Vacations. Too hot out to go out for exercise like I normally do. Etc. Probably backwards for most people. Especially those in cold climates.

Probably because of your weather. Summer I lose weight. Hot so i don't eat as much, and i golf and play sports all summer. Work out usually and an always outside. Winter I'm lazy and fat and hibernating. That's what happens in Arizona because of the heat I imagine.

there is science though. Metabolisms can vary drastically person to person. I hear what you're saying but I hadn't gained a pound eating the same diet that raised me from 180 to 200. I understand your point I just am a believer in peak weights with a steady diet/calorie intake.

Person to person? Yes. Individually day to day? No. Your metabolism isn't going to increase with more weight, it is actually going to slow to a small degree in that scenario.

It's not a religion. It's science. No belief is necessary.

And again

2 people mentioned strictly calories in and out.

That's it.

I'm saying the type of calories can speed or slow the metabolic rate is another variable to factor.

Because it IS calories in and out.

Metabolism is A PART of calories out.

I don't know why this is eluding you. It is really simple.